BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Q.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41770

Hi Muhittin,
    That will be actually the initial beta release for this plugin. The scope of this plugin changed(It became a relationship api and then follow on top of that as an implementation(as suggested by BuddyPress core team) instead of just a follow plugin).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    muhittin on #41772

Hi,

As far as I understand it will not just be a follow plugin.

So there will be a relationship plugin. For example the “Follow” feature will be part of the plugin.

Is it correct?

Thanks
    Muhittin Sahilli

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41777

Hi Muhittin,
    Yes, you are right.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    muhittin on #41965

Hello,

I hope your health is good.

BuddyPress Beta-1 will be released on December 10.

So, will your BP.RE Plugin also catch up with Beta-1?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41974
  • Participant
    muhittin on #41980

Hi,

Please don’t mind.

I missed that message.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42005

No problem.

Thank you.

• Participant
    muhittin on #42325

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I hope your plugin work is going well? Is there any problem with the Release Date?

Thanks,
    Muhittin Sahilli

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42330

Hi Muhittin,
    thank you for the query.

I understand and appreciate that you are very interested in this project but please allow me a bit time. I will inform you by replying when the plugin is available.

If you need the BuddyPress Follow features immediately, I will suggest going with Ray’s version
    https://github.com/r-a-y/buddypress-followers

The BuddyPress relationship Plugin is a very much experimental plugin as the goal is to get it into the core in future. I expect too many changes until it is part of the core. My goal is to release the first alpha/beta when BuddyPress 10.0 comes out and then take it from there in the direction guided by BuddyPress team(I will be approaching them again). So, even I don’t know if the initial version and the final version will be same or not.

I have been working on this plugin but I am hesitant to put any release before BuddyPress 10.0 comes out. The reason is, I need to be sure about the current stable BuddyPress API. There is no plan to support anything below 10.x for this plugin.

Since you have been following BuddyPress development, you may have already noticed the release date. It has been updated again(and I expect it to change as the 10.x needs to be compatible with WP 5.9’s full site editing). Here is an update on the new dates of theirs

https://bpdevel.wordpress.com/2021/12/25/bp-dev-chat-summary-december-22-2021/

I will be replying here if I feel comfortable to put it before BuddyPress’s release. Otherwise, please check the day BuddyPress 10.x comes and this plugin will be available.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    muhittin on #42342

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I’ve realized that I’ve been bothering you a lot these days.
    I’m sorry for that.

We will start our project when this plugin is released. (Depends on this plugin)

Sorry again.

I wish you good work

Thanks,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved