BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypress search buttons are not working?

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #17875

Hi,

I installed Buddypress to my wordpress site. I have an issue. When i am in a buddypress group and when i am in general activities there are search buttons where are next to RSS feed(wifi icon). Search buttons next to RSS feed are not working. When i inputted a text and clicked the search button nothing changes. What is the logic behind them? Are they working? If they are working, how are they working? If they don’t work, what is the functionality of them? Also if they don’t have any function, is it possible to remove them?

I wrote longly. Thanks for your explanation.

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17894

Hi Kerem,
    It is most probably a theme issue. I will suggest asking to theme support for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17922

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you.

In other themes even in the wordpress basic themes like twenty sixteen etc, there is the same problem. In the previous post, I made a mistake. In activity page, search button is working correctly. However, in a buddypress group, search button next to rss feed is not working in all themes that i tried. Is it possible to remove this search button from the buddypress groups? If so, how?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17929

Hi Kerem,
    It is a bad idea to disable a feature. My suggestion is to troubleshoot and find the reason.

Still, if you want to remove it, Put this code in your bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'bp_directory_groups_search_form', '__return_empty_string' );

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17948

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you.

This code removes “Search all Groups” button. But I want to remove “Search anything…” button when i am in a specific group. “Search all groups” button where is in the general groups page works successfully but “Search anything…” button where is in a spesific group does not work even in the basic themes. I want to remove that button.(I guess it is #: bp-core/bp-core-template.php:676 button.) How can i remove that?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17950

Hi Kerem,
    are you using nouveau template, this should do it.

add_filter( 'bp_group_home_search_form', '__return_empty_string' );

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #17952

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks a lot. The last code you provided did the job. In that case, i have to remove the select box(it is on the right side) that includes the four options called all, updates, group memberships and group updates. If I remove this select box too, everything will be fine. How can i achieve that?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17973

Hi Kerem,
    There is no good way to remove filters. The hooks are ambiguous and will have side effects.

I will suggest you to either let it be there or use css to hide it or override the group-activity template and remove the filters.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved