BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Search Groups Algorithm

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #18514

Hi,

Let’s consider an example: There is a buddypress group called United States(separately). When i searched exactly United States, the result in other words the group is seen. But when i searched UnitedStates(not separately) no results show up. Is there a way to produce search group results when i search them not seperately. I want a query result when i search as UnitedStates too.(not only United States) I hope i am able to explain my issue. How can i do that? Is there a code in order to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18520

Hi Kerem,
    Thank you for posting.

The solution you are looking for is fuzzy search. It is not supported by the underlying database(mysql).

If you want this type of functionality, I will suggest using Elastic search, indexing the groups and searching from there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #18527

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your posting. I investigated Elastic search. As far as I understand, i have to setup Elastic search to my server and integrate it to wordpress with a plugin such as ElasticPress. However, I do not know how to establish it to my server. Is there a document or guideline that can assist me in order to establish it to my server?

My server feautures
    CentOS Linux 7.5.1804 (Core)‬
    Nginx server
    PHP 7.2.11 FPM
    Plesk Panel

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18538

Hi Kerem,
    You are welcome.

I will suggest asking the sysadmin or getting support from some sysadmin in installing(prefer docker for elastic search instance).

The process of using elastic search is a bit more involved and my suggestion will be to hire someone(may be a sysadmin on upwork?) to do it for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved