BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress SEO

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #18606

Hi,

I want to make buddypress compatible with search engines. When i posted an activity or commented to an activity, I want this activity/comment to seem in google etc. How can i do that? I installed Yoast SEO plugin however the activities/comments that i posted in groups or general activity page does not seem on google when i search them on google. (Note: I added the searched activity five days ago) How can i fix that problem?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18607

Hi Kerem,
    I don’t think there are many solutions available for it.

You may want to look at
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-power-seo/

and check if it solves your purpose.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #18610

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your answer. My main issue is google search is showing old results(I opened indexing when i was establishing the website) So, google search shows the old results(my testing contents). I have added sitemap.xml to google search console yesterday. Is passing of time necessary for the updated content. If so, do you know that how much time is required approximately?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18612

Hi Kerem,
    In your search console you can ask google to re-index certain pages. If nothing is working, you can use it for 1-2 pages.

Since you have added your sitemap, does the sitemap contains BuddyPress activities?

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘Buddypress SEO’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved