I’m a new user with a few queries.
Does BuddyPress Signup Avatar work with multisite multiblog?
Do you have a solution for sharing avatars across multiblogs? Reference the two links below for further information (I haven’t implemented a solution yet).
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-avatar/ (pro version supports multisite multiblog according to their website)
- This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: moved to the correct forum
Welcome to BuddyDev.
I have moved the topic to relevant forum.
1. Disable signup avatar for now and let us get the avatar working.
Do you have a solution for sharing avatars across multiblogs?
I am using this on a WordPress 5.2 + BuddyPress 4.3 multisite, multi blog and it is working.
define( 'BP_AVATAR_UPLOAD_PATH', '/public_html/wp-content/uploads' );// change with absolute path to your wp-content/uploads directory. define( 'BP_AVATAR_URL', 'http://yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads' );
Make sure to update the urls. Once this works for you(without the signup avatar), I will suggest trying signup avatar then.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
Thank you very much. I’m editing that into my site to try it now.
Please note you have repeated “wp-content/” in your code, maybe that’s not correct?
Would it make sense to use a subdirectory, such as “uploads/avatars” ? Or would that interfere in some way?
For “yoursite.com”, I assume this should be the main site of the multisite-multiblog? Would that cause any problems with serving avatar images over https? (I used https in my code, you’ve used http).
Does this prevent use of Gravatar?
1. You caught it correctly. While posting the code on forum, I edited the path a bit to remove some identifying information. Sorry for that double wp-content. Removing one now. It should be the absolute path to your uploads directory.
2. Yes, It is your main site.
No, It should not stop use of gravatar.
Thank you so much!
I can’t tell you how relieved I am to find buddydev! It’s so difficult to find people who are responsive and knowledgeable about WordPress, Buddypress, mutisite, multiblog etc. There’s so much information online that is defunct. I’m new to WordPress coming from a different CMS, and it takes so much research to find up to date information!
I’m going to sign up for Buddy Pro and I’m also going to contact you about developing a plugin for me.
I’ll leave this topic open until I’ve tested.
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Mike (DesignServe). Reason: spelling mistake
I’ve signed up for pro as promised. Your support is amazing as I can see from your forum and your responses to me.
Regarding our topic above. My multisite-multiblog is in a subdirectory of public_html, let’s call it MYSITE – “public_html/MYSITE”.
Which path should I use from these four?
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Mike (DesignServe). Reason: path mistake
Thank you for joining pro. I sincerely appreciate it.
1. Do you use FTP? If yes, Please login via FTP and navigate to your wp-content/uploads directory. Then note the complete path.
If it is in the sub folder like you posted, the path should be
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.