BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Simple Front End Post and pods fields

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Valerio on #40353

Hi,

I’m using BuddyPress Simple Front End Post with Blog Categories with Groups just to give to the members of a group the possibility of post and reply about argoument of that group. Now I create with Pods a custom post type with 2 more fields, I thougt the plugin will cactch them together to the title and content field, but doen’t goes like this. Can you help me to find a solution?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40355

Hi Valerio,
    Thank you for the question.

The plugin is not aware of any custom fields plugin, so it doe not know what kind of field you have added.

You may register the custom fields(again) via code to BP Simple Front end post and then it will handle showing them in the form. I do not see any other solution.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Valerio on #40357

Thank you for the advise.
    But how to do this? What do you mean with : “You may register the custom fields(again) via code to BP Simple Front end post” ?
    Shall I modify the form.php file (inside the BuddyPress Simple Front End Post plugin ) and insert directly the code (html) of the pods fields or what?
    Perhaps shall I first buy the 1 month support of the plugin ? please let me know the right way to gain your help.

Thank you very much
    Regards
    Valerio

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40364

Hi Valerio,

I am sorry, I do not use pods and won’t be able to assist with what you need to do with it.

You can use the following examples(put the code in your theme’s functions.php) to add custom fields. I am assuming that if you keep the keys same as that of pods, they should work.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/custom-fields-on-user-post/#post-709

Instead of ‘buddyblog_post_form_settings’, please use ‘bcg_form_args’

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Valerio on #40700

Hi Brajesh,

I follow your tips and it works, thank you very much! but will not display them in the Group’s Blog page Posts tab.
    In the settings under Blog Post Type if I insert the “post” option everything works, but if I insert “request” post type, a custom post created with Pods, the posts are not displayed in the blog list
    If I create a post with the New Post tab, the post is visible in the Dashboard | Request customized page, but no posts show up on the Groups Blog page.
    Furthermore the custom fields do not appear in any case, I should change the code of the page and insert get_meta() or something like that, but where? perhaps on plugin files?

Greetings
    Valerio

• Participant
    Valerio on #40745

Hi Brajesh,

For sure my last post was a little bit confuse,so I try to explain better as I can . I follow your tips and everything works fine. The only problem is that the posts aren’t displayed on the Group’s Blog page Posts tab.
    From the setting of the plugin I’ve choose a custom post type created with Pods. I can correctly create and see the post frm the backend, but not listed on the Post page of the group… any idea to solve this?

Regards
    Valerio

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved