BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress Speed Problem

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kerem Erdal on #18771

Hi,

When i have no visitors my website loads fastly. However, when visitors came my website speed decreases significantly. When i send 100 user request for a minute, my server crashes. Is server crash normal for 100 users at the same time? Do you have any suggestion? Is there a logged-in cache plugin for buddypress? Comet Cache Pro claims that they have logged-in caching compatible with buddypress? Do you suggest Comet Cache Pro? Do you have general suggestions apart from below optimizations?

My servers feautures and optimizations that applied

8 GB VPS 4 CORE processor
    Nginx Server
    PHP Fpm 7.2.11
    Redis Object Cache
    Fast Velocity Minify
    Browser cache
    Gzip

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18778

Hi Kerem,
    I don’t think your hardware is your bottleneck. Which program are you using 100 request simultaneously?

Most probably one of the plugin or the active theme is not properly using queries/resources.

Is your mysql database crashing? Try to analyze the logs, that will give you some lead.

Also, I don’t use Comet Cache so I am unable to recommend. In my view, Redis Object cache should be more than enough.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #18788

Hi Brajesh,

I am using loadimpact.com and Webserver Stress tool 8 software. Both of them handles approximately 100-130 users at the same time. I installed query monitor plugin to monitor queries. Queries are normal but there are lots of unnecessary queries from WordPress core like blog queries. My site is not a blog site. How can i eliminate unnecessary queries? Should i change the autoload column “no” in wp-options table? How about Plugin Organizer plugin? (They claim that it gives control to arrange which plugins will work in specific page)

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18809

Hi Kerem,
    I won’t suggest going for temporary fixes.

Query monitor only logs query for the current page. When you run the test you should audit your webserver log as well as your database server log for possible causes and try to fix them.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kerem Erdal on #18818

Hi Brajesh,

I have not technical ability to audit webserver and db server logs. How can i open webserver log and database server log? Can you lead me in a simple way to understand the behavior of the system?

Thanks,
    Kerem

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18823

Hi Kerem,
    If you are not familiar with it, My advice will be to ask some system admin to look at it for you and provide you with a report.

I am sorry but I am unable to provide this kind of assistance via forum.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved