BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress 'Super User'

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Javier on #4165

Hello again!

This is something I’ve been looking for some time: I want one of my site users to control everything as being a site administrator, but with no access to wp-admin.
    I know I can restrict user roles access to wp-admin, but in this case I need this user to be a site admin (or similar), so he can: edit profiles, edit groups, remove activity… all the things I can do within Buddypress pages as a site administrator.
    May I give an editor those privileges/capabilities?

Thanks for this great community,
    Javier

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4168

Hi Javier,
    Thank you for posting. Give the user editor role and a custom capability ‘bp_moderate’ and he should be able to moderate almost all things BuddyPress.

Hope that helps.
    regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Javier on #4169

Thank you very much, Brajesh.

Do you recommend adding this kind of hooks to bp-custom.php or to a plugin? I’m doing this in a custom plugin now.

Thank you,
    Javier

• Participant
    Javier on #4170

Hello again,

Finally what did the trick for me was “manage_options”. Could be ‘bp_moderate’ still not fully functional?

Thanks
    Javier

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4179

Hi Javier,
    It is mostly a personal preference. If you are just putting small modifications, I will suggest going with bp-custom.php.
    If you are going for more customization and need flexibility, writing a plugin is better option to manage all codes(You can create modules/files for each component specific functionality to keep things managed in the plugin).

• Participant
    Javier on #4183

Thanks, Brajesh. I think plugin option is more accurate in this case.

I have a couple of questions regarding some premium plugins, I posted in the comment section, will it be better if I post those in here in the forums?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #4185

Hi Javier,
    sure. Please go ahead and post it in the forums.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved