BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress User Badges: Inconsistent Badge display/badge graphic update issue

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kelly Brady on #34040

Hello – Running Buddypress User Badges 1.1.9, WP 5.5.1, and the latest Buddyboss theme/Buddyboss Pro plugin.

I replaced the graphic for one of my badges, and I have inconsistent results. Most but not all users who already had the old badge, did not update to the new graphic. Some users now have both the old and new badge. One user who previously had the old badge correctly only show the new badge.

The new badge is what appears on the badge settings page.

I do not use caching and do not have a caching plugin installed; my host is a Managed VPS without forced server-side caching. I’ve tried other browsers, purged history/cookies etc, private mode etc and still see the same inconsistent results. Note that most of the users have one and only one badge.

I’ve tried re-saving the badge and that did not help.

Thanks,
    Kelly

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34049

Hi Kelly,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Can you please check and see if that old image is not used as part of another badge.

We do not associate image with a user. we associate a badge id with image. When you change any other property of the badge, they will reflect in for the existing users as well.

Is there any chance I can temporarily access your dashboard and verify the same if you are comfortable with it?

Thank you
    Brajesh

PS:- for sharing any credential, Please use private reply option or message via contact form.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kelly Brady on #34053
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34063
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved