BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress User Circles

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45320

Hello Brajesh,

I really like the idea of this plugin but other than curating a list of “friends/whatever” in a circle, what else can be done with it?

My ideal use for it would be as a mechanism to communicate with my circle members, similar to the the way the BuddyBoss group public/private messaging functions. I don’t see that as a feature in the plugin. Is that correct?

Having to create a full-blown group just to have access to messaging is overkill. Your plugin hits the sweet spot.

Quint

• Participant
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45348

Hello Brajesh,

One more observation: on the Members Directory, the Add to Circle button should only be visible/available to the logged in user when that target Member has Connected. If not, that interaction is a bit like stalking. Just an opinion.

Quint

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45349

Hi Quint,
    Thank you for the feedback.

The Circle is like twitter lists/circles. It is like a list of users and the ability to see updates from them if the underlying platform/theme(BuddyPress/BuddyBoss) allows filtering activity.

That’s why it is behaving in this manner.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Quint A. Rahaman, Jr. on #45360

Hello Brajesh,

Thanks for the explanation. Then, that won’t work for us from a “messaging” standpoint. However, from a curation of “friends,” or whatever categorization they invent, then it fits the bill. And since I have control over notifications, my previous concern has been addressed.

Thanks for writing it,
    Quint

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45374

Hi Quint,
    Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, this was not suited for the message use case.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress User Circles’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved