Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress User Contact Form

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jimmy Cheung on #46684

Hi BuddyBev,

I am kinda confused about this plugin.

Is this a CONTACT-US form, does it has shortcode I can use for the outsiders/visitor to email us. because it also has name, email , subject, upload file? Only contact-us will have this kind of fields.

In other hand, who can contact the users (visitors, logged in user, or a user from specific role). If so, buddypress already have Private Message.

It really confused me? Is it a contact-us form, or Private Message user send message to other users? If that’s the case, buddypress already have Private Message.

Please help to understand
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46695

Hi Jimmy,
    Thank you for the question and your interest in the plugin.

The plugin allows users to receive message via email. While BuddyPress Messages component is aimed at conversation on the site itself, this is aimed at off site conversation.

The visitor can get it in touch via the user using this form and continue their discussion off site. This is not suitable for social community but more suitable in cases when you want your users to receive messages from visitors(without visitor being logged in depending on the setting).

In other words, It is a contact from plugin b ut not for the site. It is for individual users and you may find it useful if you have site using classifieds/listing etc.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Jimmy Cheung on #46704

Hi Brajesh,

Your plugins and support are awesome btw!!

I now understood this plugin. I’m working on a social site, all internal.

I needed a good contact-us plugin. Contact-form 7 is too large, and others kinda so so…

Thank you for your support as always.

Have a wonderful day.
    Jimmy

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46742

Hi Jimmy,
    You are welcome.

I hope you have found one.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved