BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress User Info Widget

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #17323

Hi there

I have installed BuddyPress User Info Widget, which immediately can substitute cards in the members directory.

1. Is it possible to add this widget as profile tab content with BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro?

2. When I try to place this widget in a widget area to the main area, it’s placed the sidebar?

regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17324

Hi Carsten,

A. I am sorry but It can not substitute the cards plugin. It can only show the detail for one user at a time.

1. No. Profile Tabs does not support widget yet. You need to use shortcodes for dynamic content. User Info widget does not have shortcodes.

2. The widget area is decided by your theme. The widget will work in any widget area you assign it. Most probably, the main widget area where you have added it is acting as a sidebar.

PS?:- I will be helping you with the cards plugin this week as discussed in another topic.

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #17326

Thanks for remembering the cards plugin

‘It can only show the detail for one user at a time.’

That’s strange, on my page a list of members of the same gender as the profile are displayed under My Profile.

https://imgur.com/a/7eSSEF6

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17327

Ahh sorry,
    I see you are not using the context option.

I though you were using logged/displayed context.

If you don’t use the context, It can list user by role and the list is correct.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved