BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #19576

Hi there, I am trying to hide the ‘All’ sub nav under media, since I only want photos as media I don’t need it.

It is the same problem I am facing again, understanding User Profile Tabs Creator Pro;

As slug for the subnav, I have tried ‘media’ and ‘all’, enabled and not enabled, and visibility set Is this tab visible to site admin only.

https://imgur.com/a/CWCqodS

No matter what, the ‘all’ sub nav is still showing?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #19577

Actually I want to hide the sub nav ‘photos’ as well, so the photos are showing directly when clicking the Media tab.

Is this possible, or will the content be hided as well?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19583

Hi Carsten,
    If you want to remove a sub tab but keep its content working, you should use css for that. The BuddyPress profile Tabs Pro removes the tab and it’s content. The content will not be accessible if you remove the tab.

It is not the plugin options, It is BuddyPress nav and how they work is not clear to you and that’s leading to the issues.

BuddyPress nav works a bit differently that you might expect(check profile tab and see how view is always there). The first/default sub tab is used to show the content for the people landing on parent tab. This is how BuddyPress nav works(atleast till 3.0 where we got the option to avoid it).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19588

Both sub tabs ‘All’ and ‘Photos’ contains the same three images, would it possible to hide one of them, and keep the content? As I wrote, I have not figured out how to hide the sub nav, so I can’t check it out.

https://imgur.com/a/noY9GN3

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19591

Hi Carsten,
    You will need to contact RT Media support for the same.

Here is what I understand, the all tab is for phot as album phot while photo is perhaps for photo only?
    Or the All tab might be for multiple media types and photo for only photo.

A simple solution that I see is using css to hide the sub nav tab. Do you need help with that? That way, you do not remove the functionality and only hide the navigation.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19592

Hi Brajesh

I use RT Media, but I could just as well use your MediaPress. Actually I have activated this instead. The reason why I had chosen RT Media was the non gallery structure.
    I choose simplicity when it comes to UI and user experience, instead of lot of functions.
    In my case, users are only supposed to upload 1-5 pictures, and nothing else. No albums, no option for creating multiple galleries.
    So I really do not need a sub nav under galleries.
    Now that I activated MediaPress, is it then possible with tab creator pro, to hide My Gallery, Create a Gallery, and just have the Photo tab? What should I name the slugs?
    If it is a css solution, I can do that myself, but thanks for your help anyway.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19607

Hi Carsten,
    The Profile tabs pro is architected to work with BuddyPress Nav API. If you remove a tab with it, the tab will be gone for good(No content will be accessible).

Why we do so:- Most of the time, the intended use of this plugin is to add new tabs and modify the accessibility/visibility of existing tabs/sub tabs. If we only hid the nav menu, content will be accessible which defeats our main purpose.

If your goal is to only hide the sub tab, css is the best option. As of MediaPress, we are rethinking it. We may have the option to upload media without galleries in future. For now, Galleries are required.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved