Tagged: BuddyPress user profile tabs
- Iain Claydon on May 17, 2023 at 3:29 pm #49547
Brajesh provided this brilliant link from any page location to a profile tab , “http://example.com/members/me/tab-title” – however is there a way for a guest visitor to link to a particular user’s tab or is this link only applicable for logged-in users, I’m guessing so?
- Brajesh Singh on May 18, 2023 at 6:05 am #49548
Thank you for the question.
Do you want that link to be replaced with displayed user’s profile link?
- Iain Claydon on May 18, 2023 at 8:16 am #49552
That link is perfect for when someone is logged in, but if someone views that profile as a guest, i.e. not logged in, it prompts that person to login. Was just wondering if there was an equivalent link that visitors can use that links to the tab content?
- Brajesh Singh on May 19, 2023 at 8:45 pm #49573
I will have an update of the plugin early monday. I will add some tokens that will be replaced with dynamic urls.
- Iain Claydon on May 24, 2023 at 11:32 am #49597
Ok thanks as always Brajesh!
- Iain Claydon on May 25, 2023 at 9:11 am #49601
I’m not sure if this is related to User Profile Tabs plugin, but when a user searches for another user (I use BP Profile Search) the other member’s profile is able to be edited – is there a way to restrict a profile edit to the owner only? Or am I only seeing this behaviour because I’m logged in as Admin?
BTW is BP Profile Search the best profile search tool to use?
- Brajesh Singh on May 27, 2023 at 12:16 am #49608
Thank you for the replies.
I am sorry for missing your reply.
1. We will push an update by day end Monday to allow tokens for dynamic url.
2. You are logged in as admin and that’s why you are able to edit. Other users won’t be able to do the same.
3. I haven’t found a field based search solution for BuddyPress other than BP Profile Search.
- Brajesh Singh on May 28, 2023 at 10:41 pm #49615
I am sorry, I just had a look. We already have following dynamic url tokens in content.
#site_url#, #displayed_user_url#, #displayed_user_id#, #logged_user_id#
I believe you need me to add 2 more which produces link instead of the url.
I will add them and release it in next 24 hours or early.
- Brajesh Singh on May 30, 2023 at 9:48 am #49623
Thank you for your patience.
Please upgrade to 1.3.6.
Now, you can use any of the following dynamic tokens in your tab content.
#site_url# #displayed_user_link# #displayed_user_url# #displayed_user_id# #logged_user_link# #logged_user_url# #logged_user_id#
Hope that helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.