BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro – no unique slug for tab?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #19652

Hi there, I am doing some changes to the MediaPress tabs, and want to change the name on the ‘My gallery’ tab.

The problem is that the slug is just /mediapress
    like the main tab, where the other sub tabs have the specific slugs, /create/ and type/photo.

A unique slug for this sub nav is required, but there is no unique slug for this tab?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19660

Hi Carsten,
    Sorry about that. BuddyPress does not show the slug for default tab. I will think of a way for it in future to make it easy.

For the time being, you can use ‘my-galleries’ as this is the default sub tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19664

Hi Brajesh, so ‘My Gallery’ is a default sub tab, which name can’t be changed with Profile Tabs Creator Pro?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19665

You can change it.
    Please add a sub nav with ‘my-galleries’ slug and check modifying existing sub tab and then check update label on the sub tab. Add the new lable and save. Make sure is active is checked too for tab/sub tab.

That will do it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #19666

Thanks, that´s what I was looking for, why is ‘my-galleries’ slug for that sub tab not in the url?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19669

Hi Cartsten,
    That is the way BuddyPress handles default sub nav. If you set a sub nav as default, It’s url is not shown as BuddyPress uses it for the default landing page of the tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved