BuddyDev

Search

Buddypress User Registration – include mailchimp group signup?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Wilcox.C on #12691

Hi all,

I’ve been looking high and low for a solution to this but still no closer to finding a solution.

I’m working locally on a site using buddyboss theme, replacing a live Kleo site.

The standard Buddypress registration form includes the Group Registration Plugin using: https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-registration-groups-1/

There are 6 groups on the site. Each individual group is linked to a mailchimp group.

My problem is finding a plugin that can link the buddypress group registration with corresponding maichimp group subscription.

There have been ideas about membership types but these don’t allow users to register on more than one group. Unless I’m missing something.

Any tips or advice would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,
    Chris.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12693

Hi Chris,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

As I see your problem can be divided into following steps:-

1. You save the mailchim list id somewhere(most probably you have already done it)
    2. Associate a Mail Chimp group with BuddyPress Group(You will need Mail Chimp group id not name)
    3. When a user is added to a group, use the mailchm API to subscribe the user to the list and specify the groups as the interest.

Question:-
    Do you only want to add to the list/update the mail chimp group when your members join your site for the first time or the always want to update it when a user joins a group?

In my opinion, It is more suitable for custom coding and if you are familiar with coding, you can easily accomplish it.

I haven’t seen a general purpose plugin for the same yet.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Wilcox.C on #12696

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes that’s exactly what I need.

Unfortunately my ‘coding’ skills extend only to CSS so not exactly coding. The closest snippet that I could find was here: https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/mailchimp-groups-and-registration-form/ but a) that required me to install the s2member plugin and b) it didn’t work. I thought that it might be a good snippet to work from as a starting point but literally did not know where to begin.

I don’t suppose you’d know where to go for custom coding or any idea of costs?

All the best,
    Chris.

• Participant
    Wilcox.C on #12697

P.S. I forgot to reply to your question – I guess it would be best to subscribe users to the list anyone joins the group.

However, I wouldn’t want to do that if it would exclude users who join for the first time during registration. Is this a different process? My first thoughts are that the “Group Registration” plugin that I’m using to enable users to register to groups during the registration process may require editing, in addition to traditional ways of joining (not using this plugin)?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12698

Hi Chris,
    You are welcome.

You don’t need s2 member for the same. We can simply use a simple/lightweight PHP Mailchimp API Wrapper like this
    https://github.com/drewm/mailchimp-api

to achieve the same.

You may hire our team from here
    https://buddydev.com/hire-us/

If you want to hardcode the mailchimp group ids, It should take 1-2 hours.

If you want to automate the whole process(visually selecting mailchimp group id on group screen), It may take from 3-5 hours(or less).

The joining action is same for the registration/later. Another question will be will you like to sync the BuddyPress groups to Mail Chimp group association(Say when a user leaves a BuddyPress group, should his/her mailchimp groups be updated to reflect the change).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Wilcox.C on #12699

Hi Brajesh,

I’ve asked whether there’s any money to buy in your services – I’ll hopefully be able to get back to you today with an answer.

The desired result would be to automate the entire process so that when the user joins a group, they automatically join the corresponding mailchimp group, whether it’s during registration or joining post-registration.

I’ll get back to you shortly.

All the best,
    Chris.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12700

Hi Chris,
    Sure, No problem.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved