BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress & WooCommerce Membership

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Mical Johnson on #34360

Hi Brajesh,

Hope all’s well out there … we are using a bunch of your plugins in our project and our project is heavily customized BuddyPress with 2 types of members – Athletes & Coaches. Now we are trying to integrate this with WooCommerce for a paid membership.

Our experience so far is that once the member pays for the membership it ends up creating a new member/user even though an athlete user is logged in when he pays for the membership. What we are trying to accomplish here is that when Athlete registers he will have free membership and his profile will NOT show up on the Athlete index page (https://cyberizepartners.com/members/type/athletes/) but after the payment of the membership, the profile will show up on the index page … I know it’s a lot … but just wondering if you could point us to the right direction as you’ve done in the past …

We’re also looking into BuddyCommerce … but before we try this one we’d like to hear your opinion on this. Thanx in advance.

Moose
    moose@cyberizegroup.com
    Lead Dev
    Cyberize Group Inc.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34361

Hi Moose,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. Our experience so far is that once the member pays for the membership it ends up creating a new member/user even though an athlete user is logged in when he pays for the membership.

In that case, Please suggest the developers of the Membership plugin to use the logged user’s email for checking the account and not the billing email. I am guessing using billing email different from the account one is causing this.

2. What we are trying to accomplish here is that when Athlete registers he will have free membership and his profile will NOT show up on the Athlete index page (https://cyberizepartners.com/members/type/athletes/) but after the payment of the membership, the profile will show up on the index page … I know it’s a lot … but just wondering if you could point us to the right direction as you’ve done in the past …

Do not assign the member type on registration. You can assign the member type as soon as membership is purchased. That will make it as expected.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #34366

Excellent … this gives me something to go on … Thanx a bunch … a few follow up questions:

1. Do you think the BuddyCommerce plugin can be helpful in this scenario?

2. Our client wants verified members to show up at the top of the member list on the Athlete index page. The verified status is something we are adding to users/members using ACF at the WP backend. Do you think any kind of custom field based sorting is possible thru the BP member index loop?

Thanx in advance!

Moose

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #34367

A QUICK UPDATE…

Recently, I’ve noticed that WooCom membership plan I created has a tab “Member Types” which reflects our BP member types. This is something I’m trying to capitalize on. Basically, the current plan is this:

1. Assign members the basic subscriber’s role at registration (instead of an Athlete or Coach’s role)
    2. Give them access to upgrade membership by purchasing a subscription after they log in
    3. Tie the membership plan with the user type at the (subscription) purchase
    4. This way, they will show up in the BuddyPress member list only after they buy the subscription and become a member

THE PLAN WORKED!

But here is the catch … now the blocked content is still blocked for my Coach members also … but we don’t want our Coaches to go thru any membership purchase … everything should be free for the Coach members. But I don’t see any user role-based rules in the Membership plugin settings … the million-dollar question now is:

Is there a way to un-restrict the restricted content for the Coach members only? Something that can launch by default or some membership plan that can be imposed on the coach user role only by default … anything? 

Thanx in advance

Moose

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34372

Hi Moose,
    Member Types pro adds the Member Types tab on membership screen. It allows you to change member type based on membership(You already used).

If you do not want coach to go through any purchase, you may want to put a checkbox on registration page and use that to set the coach member type via custom code.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mical Johnson on #34397

Hi Brajesh,

Thanx for all your help … I just had these following 2 more questions about the current topic:

1. Do you think the BuddyCommerce plugin can be helpful in this scenario?

2. Our client wants verified members to show up at the top of the member list on the Athlete index page. The verified status is something we are adding to users/members using ACF at the WP backend. Do you think any kind of custom field based sorting is possible thru the BP member index loop?

Thanx in advance!

Moose

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved