BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types – Age were shown as Date in Profile

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Troubleshooter73 on #43221

Hi!

At first, I like your Plugins, I’m playing around a bit and now I think about to buy a Pro Package.
    We’ll see…

Ok, BTT:
    I created the Birthday Field, choosed j. F Y as the Date Type and ticked the Checkbox to show the Age, instead of Date.

First Issue -> The Age were not shown, but the Date.
    Second Issue -> If I unticked Age option, the Date Format in the Pofile view is wrong. No matter what I choose, the Date is always shown in the “j. F Y” Format.

Wordpress 5.9
    Buddypress 10.0.0
    Buddypress Template Buddyx 4.3.1
    BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types 1.2.0
    Profile Page created with BuddyBuilder Plugin and Elementor Pro 3.7.0 Dev19

Any hints and thoughts are welcome.
    Page isn’t in stable production, so take your time, but I’m very interested in your opinion and steps to troubleshoot these issue. Maybe also important, Multiple Field Types coming as an Array in the Profile Page.

Thanks a lot!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43224

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I tested the plugin and the age field with Age and it is working as expected.

Please have a look.
    https://i.ibb.co/7nvvsXB/Selection-442.png

I tested with BuddyPress 10.0.0 and WordPress 5.9.

The issue may be related to BuddyX or The BuddyBuilder. Our team will test in next 24-48 hours and I will get back to you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Troubleshooter73 on #43238

Thanks for the quick reply…!

Yes I supposed that and I’m in touch with the Stax-WP team now. It seems to be related to the Theme, combined with the Elementor Item integration. If I’ll get a result, I’ll post it here to provide the final solution.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43315

Hi,
    Thank you for the details and the patience.

I had a look at BuddyX theme and the Stax WP plugin. They are working fine with the age.

Please share me a screenshot of your Field Settings(Dashboard->Users->Profile Field-> Field->Edit)
    And also a screenshot showing what it display on the frontend.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Troubleshooter73 on #43318

Hey Brajesh,

thanks for the reminder!

I found the source of this issue. The Stax WP Plugin and it’s template works fine, but only if you have look at the “default” Template body. If the XProfile Field Item is added with Elementor Pro anywhere else at the page, another file of it’s Pro Plugin (/wp-content/plugins/stax-buddy-builder-pro/core/widgets/common/MemberXProfileField.php) is responsible and here the db data were not parsed correctly. The Stax developement team is now aware of this issue and will work to fix it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards
    Sven

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43321

Hi Sven,
    Thank you.
    I was using their free plugin. I did not see it there.

I am glad that they are looking at it. Hope they will be able to resolve it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved