BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types – Saving taxonomy terms

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    JO on #28635

Hi there,

I’m using the BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types to add a custom field to the member profile.

I’d like to use a custom taxonomy with the multi-select option.

The field works, taxonomy terms show up correctly, I am able to select the taxonomy terms and the selected terms show up on the member profile. That’s all good.

However, the selected terms won’t save into the taxonomy.

So for example my members choose their favourite food, which is a taxonomy – Pizza, Pasta, Nachos

The selected term saves to the member profile and displays on the member profile, but the term doesn’t save to the taxonomy. So I can’t see how many users like Pasta, how many like Pizza etc. I hope it makes sense.

Is this meant to be working at all?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28636

Hi Jo,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

It is working as expected. The taxonomy terms are not a for user to term association(user category etc..).

Their only purpose is to display a selection, for user. They are like multiselect box nothing more.

We have specified it in the notes of plugin readme.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    JO on #28639

I see, ok, no problem, thanks Brajesh.

Would it be really tricky to do a bit of custom work on this and actually have the terms to save?

Or do you have any other plugins that would be able to save taxonomy terms from the profile fields?

I’m trying to find a solution for BuddyPress where the user would be able to choose a term and the term would properly save into the taxonomy.

It’s turning impossible ..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved