BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types "Upload File"

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Andrew on #18746

I added the “Upload File” profile field, but when I upload a file, nothing happens… the file isn’t uploaded or doesn’t show on my profile… Am I missing something?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18747

Hi Andrew,
    Which file type are you trying to upload? Also, are you using any custom theme?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andrew on #18748

I am trying to upload an image or pdf file… and have tried testing both. I am using aardvark theme from ghostpool. my site is at relaunch.signaturesignings.com

thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18761

Hi Andrew,

I have tested it and it is working for me. I added 2 fields(Image and file to test) and here is the result with the default theme(and a subscriber user).

https://i.imgur.com/X3u1hzc.png
    https://i.imgur.com/QqZJEZW.png

Please try disabling other plugins except BuddyPress/BP Xprofile Custom Field Types and if it does not work, Please consult the theme author.

If it is a plugin conflict, please let me know and I will look into it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Andrew on #18766

Thank you for your help… It seems to be an issue with Youzer BP Theme. I disabled everything like you said (Except BP/PB X) and I was able to upload files… But as soon as I Activated the Youzer theme, this feature is no longer available. I am placing a ticket in with Youzer Dev support. If you want to look into it as well… But I will post back a response once I hear from them.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18779

Thank you.
    I am unable to assist much as Youzer is premium component. Please do let me know their response and if you need me to add/modify to support that theme, I will gladly do.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved