BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress XProfile fields

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nate on #18000

Are there any additional plug ins or features I am overlooking that would allow datasource or a call to the database in a non editable field.

ie.
    I am looking to call field #2 from form id 8 on WPDB_thisdatabase

and display the info to the users profile page.

Thanks in advance

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18008

Hi Nate,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I am not aware of any plugin that allows using data from custom source for profile fields.

If you only need it for a particular field, you can filter on ‘xprofile_get_field_data’.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Nate on #18017

Hello! & Thank you for the welcome. I may be misunderstanding, is the ‘xprofile_get_field_data’ for fetching field data from users & custom field (extended)? I am looking to either:

preferably use some type of loop that performs an sql call (need links to how to loop)
    or
    Create a code block in xprofile_custom-field-type-functions.php and create a data table selection option that performs sql calls (time consuming)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18069

Hi Nate,
    I am sorry but I am unable to understand your question.

Do you want to implement a custom loop instead of using BuddyPress profile data? If yes, you will need to implement it on your own.

The two options for storing data can be user meta table or a custom table. If search is important, custom table should be preferred.

If you plan to use user meta, you can use WordPress meta api. If you plan to go custom table route, you will need to know $wpdb for making database calls and you should most probably will need to know about the WordPress caching API for caching data.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved