BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddypresss Activity Plus?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #26501

Hello. I’m looking for your Buddypress Activity Plus plugin – or an evolution of that plugin? Do you have something like that plugin? Basically, where users can upload an image on Buddypress Activies, else, insert a Youtube link that turns into a video. Thank you.

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26502

Buddypress Activity Plus isn’t available anymore to download off of WordPress, but I do have a copy. It almost works – maybe you guys can flip it to work with current WordPress 5. Let me know, and I’ll email it to ya.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by JohnnyNW.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26509

Hi,
    Thank you for the topic.

The plugin is available from WPMU dev’s github repo(It is not maintained).

I did plan to fork and maintain(it should have been a simple task) but decided to avoid it as the BuddyPress team announced Media support in 6.0. It would make all our efforts on the fork a waste.

I can help you with MediaPress and getting that to work on your site though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26526

Ah, I see. Yeah, BP 1.0 to 2.0 took 5 years, 2.0 to 3.0 took another 5 years, then 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 took 1 year…I don’t see them going to 6.0 that fast LOL probably in a few years LOL Oh well. Okay, I had to at least ask 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26540

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply. I am not sure if it will take that long. The schedule is not available yet but I am assuming 3-4 months.

I am not against maintaining the plugin but just for the sake of 3-4 months, can not put the effort.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26805

Hi,
    Hope you are doing well.
    I finally decided to fork it.

Here is a minor update that makes it work with BP Nouveau as well as php 7.3+ compatible.

https://github.com/buddydev/buddypress-activity-plus

I am going to put a little more time and refactor it to clean the code. Will maintain until the media is in BuddyPress core.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26807

HELLO! 😊

Thank you! That’s awesome – VERY COOL OF YOU – I just did a lot of testing with WP Debug, php logs, etc. NO ERRORS 😊 And I have over 40 plugins on my dev server Ahaha (page load under 600ms 😉

I did find ONLY 1 thing and it has to do with this BP Activity Plus and your plugin MediaPress:

You have a plugin called, BuddyPress Rate Limit User Activity and it works – BUT with MediaPress (upload through Activity form) and BP Activity Plus, the user can by pass the Buddpress Rate Limit User Activity settings (not getting the “You are going to fast” notice, and the post updates).

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for taking on BP Activity Plus! THAT’S AWESOME (of course, I’ll be buying the MediaPress Moderation tools in the nearer future, when I get to that section, before launching website).

PS I did get these errors on the admin page only:

( ! ) Notice: screen_icon is deprecated since version 3.8.0 with no alternative available. in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4443

( ! ) Notice: get_screen_icon is deprecated since version 3.8.0 with no alternative available. in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4443

So I commented out a piece of code:

In class_bpfb_admin_pages.php
    Line 87 commented out screen_icon(‘buddypress’);

I don’t see that being a problem… .

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26808

Thank you.
    It’s good to hear about your page load. Great work there 🙂

About the rate limiter:- We will make it compatible with these two.

About the icon issue:- Thank you. I will be rewriting this plugin over the weekend(should take 1-3 hours at most) and fixing any issue I see. Currently, I just fixed the basic dom issue.

I will post back on Monday.

If we put this on wp.org as a rewrite, do you have any name suggestion?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26815
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26822
    This reply has been marked as private.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddypresss Activity Plus?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved