BuddyDev

Search

Buddypresss Follow / Activity Reloaded

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #27167

Hello. Sorry for bothering, but I have a question / comment.

I want to use Buddypress Follow, but Andy said he is not supporting it anymore, and gave us a link to github where changes have been updated off and on, from time to time.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-the-plugin-is-quite-old/

I decided to use the Budddypress Follow plugin from github, and it seem to work just fine, but then I think it conflicts with Activity Reloaded (trying to upload images/links).

Could you confirm? Else support the plugin – or adopt it 🙂

Here are the errors I found in php error log:

[02-Jan-2020 20:25:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(286): BPAPR_Preview_Handler->ajax_preview_link('')
    #1 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #2 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php(173): do_action('wp_ajax_bpfb_pr...')
    #4 {main}
      thrown in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php on line 92
    [02-Jan-2020 20:25:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(286): BPAPR_Preview_Handler->ajax_preview_link('')
    #1 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
    #3 C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-admin\admin-ajax.php(173): do_action('wp_ajax_bpfb_pr...')
    #4 {main}
      thrown in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php on line 92
    [02-Jan-2020 20:26:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}
    [02-Jan-2020 20:26:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}
    [02-Jan-2020 20:26:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}

Thank you (I really hope I’m not bothering you with this, if I am, please feel free to delete this forum post, I will totally understand, trust).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27170

Hi JJ,
    Thank you for the post.
    In fact, I have been planning to fork this plugin since I did not receive any reply from Ray in last 3 months.

We are using it with our theme and will be glad to support it full time.

Here is my post
    https://github.com/r-a-y/buddypress-followers/issues/111

Please allow me to put an update this month(We are currently focused on theme release, so It will come in the last week of this month).

PS:- The errors are from Activity Plus. Is there any chance you are using RT Media with it? I have updated the library to avoid the above error but some other plugins(RT Media and a few more are including the library) and that might be taking priority.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #27172

Sounds great!

Okay, so I deleted a bunch of rtmedia tables in my database (like 20 different entries) that looked like these and others:

Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	133 	rtmedia_inspirebook_release_notice 	hide 	yes
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	134 	rtmedia_premium_addon_notice 	hide 	yesEdit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	135 	rtmedia-update-template-notice-v3_9_4 	hide 	yes
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	270 	rtmedia-global-albums 	a:1:{i:0;i:1;} 	noEdit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	271 	rtmedia_flush_rules_plugin_version 	4.5.9 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	306 	RT_RTMEDIA_FOR_WORDPRESS_BUDDYPRESS_AND_BBPRESS_DB... 	4.5.9 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	307 	rtmedia_current_media_slug 	media 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	308 	rtmedia-options 	a:67:{s:20:"general_perPageMedia";d:1;s:21:"genera... 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	322 	rtmedia_media_size_import_pending_count 	0 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	323 	rtmedia_media_activity_upgrade_pending 	0 	no
    Edit Edit	Copy Copy	Delete Delete	324 	rtmedia_activity_done_upgrade 	1 	no

Now it seems to be working fine for Updates, Youtube videos, and Images (they are actually showing up now).

But now I’m only getting php errors with Links, they are not working (preview or updates) and here is the php errors codes in error file:

[03-Jan-2020 00:46:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}
    [03-Jan-2020 00:46:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function find() on bool in C:\wamp64\www\web\wp-content\plugins\bp-activity-plus-reloaded\src\handlers\class-bpapr-preview-handler.php:92
    Stack trace:
    #4 {main}

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated (I used Plugin Garbage Collector and manually removed rtmedia database entries that were still lingering).

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27173

Hi JJ,
    Can you please post me 1 or 2 links which you are trying to use and is not working. That will give me better insight. Since RT Media is not active, It is not caused by their library inclusion.

I can check quickly and update if you provide me some examples(Please feel free to use private reply).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    JohnnyNW on #27176
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    JohnnyNW on #27191

Excellent fix! Thank you!

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddypresss-activity-plus/page/4/#post-27185

————-

Hi JJ,
    Thank you.
    I was worried that it might be there in the email notifications.

I have fixed the link issue. It was related to an issue

https://github.com/buddydev/bp-activity-plus-reloaded/commit/2390643e22177e47f1cc001c3405a6fd7e1be093

I am looking at a few other minor issues. Please allow me to push a public release tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

———–

Thanks!!! Excellent work – amazing 🙂

• Participant
    Daniel on #27220

Hi Brajesh,

I have realized today, that when a user posts a link through the link option of this plugin INSIDE THE ACTIVITY of a BP Group, then the post does not appear inside the activity of the Group but only on the user’s BP personal activity. Means that the plugin ignores that the post was created inside the Buddypress Group and posts it to the user’s BP Personal Activity Wall instead.

I guess this seems to be a bug that could be resolved right? It would be great if so because I am using to post in Groups all the time 😀

Thank you for your time and effort!

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27223

Hi,
    Thank you.

I have it fixed in 1.0.1

@danielehrat

The issue with single group upload is fixed. It only happened for BP Nouveau template pack. We still have compatibility issue with BP Nouveau on activity directory(for group uploads from activity directory). The Nouveau Template pack does not expose group id on activity directory(for selected groups to post to).
    I am opening a trac ticket and hoping to get it resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved