BuddyDev

Search

Bug: Bp Activity Shortcode – First Post

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David Levi on #19045

Hey,

I found an issue with the Bp Activity Shortcode plugin.

When using the shortcode and the group does NOT have any posts yet it will show “Sorry, there was no activity found….”.
    When you try and upload a new post, you will only be able to see it once you refresh the page.

I think I found the reason in class-bpas-shortcode-helper.php:207, If the group does not have any activity then we show the string above.
    However we are missing essential code that it needed for the ajax to process and show the first post once updated. I think specifically the ul#activity-stream element.

Thanks,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19047

Hi David,
    I am sorry but I am unable to understand the bug here. It seems the expected behaviour.

The activity shortcode does not support auto refresh. Or am I missing something(Is it that you are enabling post form and posting is not showing the posted content?)

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David Levi on #19050

Im wondering if it has something to do with my settings.

When I use the shortcode to display a group and it does not yet have any activity:

1. It shows the message: “Sorry, there was no activity found….”(Good)
    2. When I try and upload my first post, The message above disappears, but the post never shows up. I must refresh the page for it to show.

It’s only on the first post. So once I have one post and I post more content. It successfully refreshes.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved