BuddyDev

Search

Build Social network FaceBook like

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael Douaud on #3726

Hi every body, i’m 3d French artiste and i’m beghin with WordPress and BuddyPress, also bbpress,
    i want build a free social network with inscription / personal page / and wall like FB, can somebody help me for the very firts step, I want to get the best free theme to customise, can you help me ?

thank’s for reading me

Michaël

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3729

Hi Michael,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

Congratulations for starting with WordPress, BuddyPress & bbPress.

The first step is to make a plan. do not make a plan based on a theme. Instead, I will suggest for making a proper plan, list of features, must haves and optional(nice to have features) etc and then evaluating the BuddyPress/bbPress/WordPress for the situations.

As far as themes are concerned, all the free/premium BuddyPress themes which have been released till today are bad. None of these have proper code(Yes, I have access to all premium themes for every existing BuddyPress vendor out there).

I don’t have any particular choice. You may decide based on the appearance but all are equally bad and I don’ suggest any for long term project.

We have been working on one of our own themes too, but it is delayed. We do have plans to release it in 2 weeks. If you are interested, I can send a copy in 2 weeks.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Michael Douaud on #3734

Hi
    Thank’s answer me, understand there is no good theme for me i try to describe my wish here:

Would love a simple social network with login / subcribe page then a wall page like FB (but more simple, just the posts pics, articles web lien, and vidéo)i wish the posts can be comment and évaluate with likes, wish a chat like Viber and the weather or meteo because is a social network for gardens, flowers, vegetables etc..

i can wait for you’r solution, than’k for helping me,
    you can see my WIP here:
    http://www.sacregeranium.com/

bests regards

Michaël

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3783

Thank you. We are planning to release it by 15th of this month. That will have all the features you have mentioned.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved