BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Can watermark with text but not with image…?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    EazyCast on #50200

[Tue Aug 15 05:23:41.651671 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2450851] [client 101.115.128.111:1908] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to MediaMark_Editor_GD::merge() must be an instance of WP_Image_Editor_GD, instance of WP_Error given, called in /var/www/MYSITE/wp-content/plugins/mediamark/core/class-madiamark-watermarker.php on line 68 and defined in /var/www/MYSITE/wp-content/plugins/mediamark/core/class-mediamark-gd.php:32\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/MYSITE/wp-content/plugins/mediamark/core/class-madiamark-watermarker.php(68): MediaMark_Editor_GD->merge()\n#1 /var/www/MYSITE/wp-content/plugins/mediamark/core/mediamark-actions.php(20): MediaMark_Watermarker->watermark()\n#2 /var/www/MYSITE/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): mediamark_generate_watermark_on_upload()\n#3 /var/www/MYSITE/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(334): WP_Hook->apply_filters()\n#4 /var/www/MYSITE/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()\n#5 /var/www/me…’, referer: https://MYSITE/members/altoburgo/mediapress/photo-test/manage/add/?_wpnonce=09ec29f239&gallery_id=13189

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50202

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

is there any possibility that PHP GD is not enabled on your server?
    You can check it from Dashboard->Tools->Info and then opening the “Media Handling” section.

We are also going to look into it and will update you within next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50213

Hi Bruno,
    Hope you are doing well.
    I had a look at the code and the 2 possible reasons for the issue are:-

1. Either GD is disabled on the server
    2. Or the image selected for watermarking(in the admin settings) has issue

If you have GD enabled, can you please try changing a different image for watermark(in the admin settings) to see if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    EazyCast on #50228

Thanks Brajesh!

I’m not sure what was wrong with the server but I reset lots of configurations in my Apache (by mistake) and it’s working.

Now I have to make sure I don’t break it again!

Thank you again,
    Bruno

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50252

Thank you Bruno.
    I am glad it is resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Can watermark with text but not with image…?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved