BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Cannot simultaneously create group in 2 different of a network

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Amy on #3099

I am using Multisite with subdomain, BuddyPress 2.4.3 Multiblog enabled, WordPress 4.4.2, Serene theme. The plugin BP Multi Network was successfully installed.

Like the title said, I cannot simultaneously create group in 2 different site of 1 network. In order to let both sites have its own set of groups, I installed the BP Multi Network. I can create groups without any issues when I focus on doing it in one site.

Then I started to create group in both site. I would:
    1) Open one tab that goes to the Create Group page for Site A. Then open another tab that goes to the Create Group page for Site B.
    2) Fill out first page of “1. Detail” on Site A. Click “Next”.
    2) Go to the tab for Site B. Fill out its “1. Detail” page. Click “Next”.
    4) Go back to Site A tab. Fill out the “2. Settings” page. Click “Next.
    5) Go back to Site B tab… finds the create group page, with everything loaded… except for the input box itself. The create group form’s navigation bar is still there, indicating that the pages users have to go through to register a group (In this case, “1. Details 2. Settings 3. Forum 4. Photo 5. Cover Image 6. Invites). So the form itself is there… but there is no input boxes, or any input box labels.
    6) Go back to Site A tab. Found that it has returned to the “1. Detail” page. The input is there, but nothing is filled out.
    7) Go to the Group page in the Dashboard of both Site A and Site B. The group was created for Site A, and sometimes Site B (I tried this several times).

The network itself is for an annual event, with the 2 sites representing 2 different year, so I highly doubt that it would ever have 2 group created at the same time. The most recent year would be the one to create a group most of the time. However, I am still concerned, especially since the error occurred without any error messages and it could create a group regardless of the issue. Is there a way to fix this, or a way to output an error? I am new to BuddyPress, and I thank you for any help that you can offer!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3100

Hi Amy,
    It seems to me that this error happened due to cookie mix up. You should not do it simultaneously in 2 tabs.

If you want to test it, try doing it in 2 different browser or using incognito mode for the test. I don’t see any other reason.

Please try and let me know if it is still happening.

• Participant
    Amy on #3119

It was indeed a cookie mix up. Once I use 2 different browser, it works perfectly.
    However, I encountered another problem. Once the groups were set up, the member listing says ‘Sorry no members were found’. Here is what I did so far:

1) My first thought was that maybe I was not in the user list of that site.
    So, I went to Dashboard -> Users. My own user account is in both site’s Users page, so I guess I am in both user base.

2) Ok, maybe there is a problem with the user or group list separating the user base?
    So I checked the number of users showed in the Dashboard->User page of both site. They seemed correct – my 2 sites have different number of users (Site A have 84, Site B have 9 since that the recent year with less registered users). My Dashboard->Group page shows the correct number of users in each group, too.

3) Well, may it is something in the front end?
    I went to the group listing in the front end… and it shows that I have the correct number of user registered for each group! Yet when I go to the group’s member page, it shows ‘Sorry no members were found’.
    What’s even more strange is that when I go the front end Members page to see all the members, it display the same error message!

However, once I disabled the BP Multi Network plugin, the list of member shows up again. But this plugin is what I used to set up different groups in different sites. Right now, the only thing I can think of is to disable the plugin and try to filter the display to show only certain group in certain site, but I am relatively new to BuddyPress, so I really hope to avoid doing so. Any suggestion is highly welcome. Thank you for your help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3120

Hi Amy,
    Thank you for confirming.
    Were the users added to the subsite after activating multi network plugin? If no, That can be an issue.

If yes, Then please make sure that the user logged in to the subsite atleast once before they appear.

• Participant
    Amy on #3121

Unfortunately, I am working with an existing site. The first site, Site A was used last year. Site B is for the event this year. Is there a way to work with existing users from last year?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3125

Hi Amy,
    How many users do you have? I can provide you some code that will move the users to our table and enable the list but need to know the approx number of users on subsite.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Amy on #3148

We have 58 approved users in Site A. Site B has 9. There is some problem with registering users due to another plugin, but I will be trying to fix it tonight so I can test out what happens to the member list if a new user is register on Site B.

• Participant
    Amy on #3149

Finally got registeration working again, and registered a new account on Site B. That account does show up in the group member listing and general member listing in the front end.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3152

Hi Amy,
    Thank you. Since the number of Users are limited, It will be easy to import them. I will put some code here today to allow you import existing users.

• Participant
    Amy on #3154

Actually, I have been trying to find out a way too, and I figured out what to do!!! After reading your post, and how you mentioned moving table to users, I started to looked into our wordpress database. I looked for the name and id of the test account, tester, that I just created in any tables that have seems to be involved with either users, groups, or multinetwork. Turns out the problem table is the wp_bp_mnetwork_users. Here what I found:
    1) There are the user_id for 2 admin, whom I think are the ones that login in during the last few days when I set up multinetwork.
    2) There is a user_id belonging to my tester account. So, 3 users, nothing else. Hmmm…
    3) The 2 admin have a network_id of 3 (our base site number, which is an overview site with no member listing), and the tester’s network_id have 2 (our latest site, which have both group and listing).
    4) I changed the tester’s network_id to 3. It disappear from the member listing.
    5) I added a new row, containing one of the admin’s user_id with a network_id of 2. The admin is now showing up in the member listing of the new site.
    6) If I change or add a new row with network_id 1 (which belong to the old event site), the associated user would now appear in the old site’s member listing!

My solution was to do a MySQL insert:
    INSERT INTO databasename.wp_bp_mnetwork_users (user_id, network_id, is_active) SELECT user_id, #, 0 FROM databasename.wp_#_bp_xprofile_data;
    The # indicates the site_id, unless their site_id is 1. In that case, the first # is still replaced by 1, but the FROM table would be named “databasename.wp_bp_xprofile_data”;

I don’t know if that’s the best solution, since it does require user to have mysql knowledge, but it works!

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Cannot simultaneously create group in 2 different of a network’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved