BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Cannot update cover image

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #13443

Oops… just realised that although the above allows the image to be displayed upon update, it disappears again when the page is refreshed so clearly simply ignoring validate_file is not a viable fix 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13445

Hi Nick,
    It is quiet possible that the validate_file is failing on Windows. It is working for me on Linux.

If the image is uploaded successfully, try switching to twentysixteen/twentyseventeen and see if it is showing.

Not showing the cover might be caused by css conflicts too.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brienp on #13519

I am having this same issue after updating to 2.9.3. Mine is not a localhost setup, but is on windows server. Following the trail established in this thread, I have found that it is failing on line 738 of bp-forums/bbpress/bb-includes/backpress/functions.core.php. The file path being passed begins with “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\”

EDIT: Sorry. I initially stated line 732 when in fact it is line 738. The line in question reads:

`if (‘:’ == substr( $file, 1, 1 ))

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Brienp.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13521

Hi Brienp and Nick,

It is a bug in BuddyPress 2.9.3

You can see the issue here
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7674

and a solution by r-a-y here
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/7674/7674.01.patch

It will be available in next release.

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brienp on #13523

That did the trick. Thank you

• Participant
    NikB on #13524

Ah many thanks to both of you… haven’t tried it yet but that definitely explains the issue.

I’d worked out that it was the validate_file that was causing the problem but just couldn’t see exactly how to fix it.

Will give it a go in the next couple of days but happy to have a promising solution.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13530

@Brienp
    You are welcome. Glad it worked.

@NikB
    Yup, you were already suspecting that 🙂 being Linux only had limited me too as the issue was OS specific. I am glad someone reported it on bporg trac and it had some eyes and solution 🙂

• Participant
    NikB on #13535

@sbrajesh

Yes indeed. I’m fairly new to Buddypress, though definitely not to WordPress and I’ll keep an eye on bporg trac myself in future, though really appreciate your support here too.

I’ll mark this topic as resolved.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #13541

Thank you Nick.

Since you are experienced with WordPress, It will be fun working with BuddyPress 🙂

• Participant
    NikB on #13543

I’m definitely enjoying it so far. Always fun to learn new things and figure out how they tick, and I really like the way Buddypress is so flexible (once you get the hang of it).

Once this particular project is finished, I’m hoping I can persuade some of my other existing clients that they’d like to add similar features so I can build on that knowledge and extend things a bit more 😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved