BuddyDev

Search

Can't edit Groups with no Admin

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25883

Hi Brajesh,

I uesed to be able to do this but now it doesn’t work do you have any ideas?

I wanted to change the description of one of my Groups. I edited it and when I saved I get an error to tell me that I can’t remove all admins from the Group.

The Group (in fact all Groups) has no admin.

I tried to add myself to the group (to make myself the admin) but it will not let me because it gives the same error, telling me that I can’t remove all admins from the Group, therefore I get a message that it has saved (but it has not) and a message saying there is an error.

So right now, I am not able to edit any Groups on my site. Hope you can help.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25890

I discovered that I can edit the Group on the front end and I’m showing as the Group admin on the front end.

My message above relates to the back end where I can’t edit the group or add users.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25891

Hi Mike,
    I am glad you are able to edit from front end. The issue is most probably a bug in BuddyPress and we should report it to the BuddyPress trac.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #25898

I agree. I’ll check it again in case I made some mistake and I’ll let you know here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved