BuddyDev

Search

Cant fix this issue

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Simon Parker on #23026

Hi Brajesh, i have tried to fogure out whats going on on our site and i cant .

I moved servers about 3-4 weeks ago. sicne then i have several issues

galleries not showign at all. i think this was a conflict with the onesocial theme. updating the theme seemed to fix some issues there.

now i have aroudn 15 galleries showing out of a couple of hundred total.
    most of the galleries show in the backend and include a count of media but if i go to edit them it says there is no media in there.

Front end i cannot upload any images or if i do upload them they are not saving correctly.
    it seems to keep the cover image ok but not the other media

Can you assist at all?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23031

Hi Simon,
    Please link me to the new site with a temporary admin access. Most probably write/read permission or some configuration issue. Can check quickly.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #23103
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23108

Hi Simon,
    Thank you.
    Your problem is most of the gallery is missing status. They need to have some status(any status) to be available on front end.
    Please visit MediaPress->All Galleries in the dashboard and you will see. It seems the migration did not assign status to galleries.

You will need to assign them status to make them visible.

Regards
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: Fix name
  • Participant
    Simon Parker on #23115
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23117

Hi Simon,
    You will need to fix status for the media too.
    Please edit the gallery in dashboard and from bulk edit media page select status and save. The media will appear.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Simon Parker on #23121

Hi Brajesh,

I did change the status for that one album to logged in users. I have used the bulk edit on a bunch of them to set the status to published. ( i dont have the same status here as in the gallery itself. i hope this is correct

so i have used bulk edit on a few galleries and set them all to published (logged in,friedns only etc is not available in bulk edit)
    I have then edited one gallery directly to set it to logged in users only.

the gallery shows no media and does nto appear anywhere front end or back end.
    https://i.imgur.com/EDkJSjr.png

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #23130

Hi Simon,
    I am sorry, I had not seen that.

If the media is there in the gallery but not available on Bulk edit, It means the media does not have their post parent setup in importing.

Here is what we are using to query media on that view

mediapress()->the_media_query = new MPP_Media_Query( array( 'gallery_id' => $post_id, 'per_page' => -1, 'nopaging' => true ) );

It queries all media whose post_parent is set to the gallery is.

When you imported media and gallery, can you please verify the post parent was setup for media.

Also, if there is a staging site, Please share me FTP, I can troubleshoot a bit faster that way.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved