Is it possible to restrict certain categories & tags for each group? I admin a single WP site with 8 (eight) groups. These are not sophisticated users so front-end posting is just the trick for them.
But each time they post, they’ll be presented with 7 categories & tags (for the other groups) that are not pertinent, as well as some useful general categories & tags (e.g. “reviews”, “news”, “events”).
It is reasonably possible to:
1) Detect for which group the front-end post form is being displayed.
2) Display the category & tag associated with that group (possibly auto-generated at group formation).
3) Display all the other (non-group associated) categories & tags.
4) NOT display the category & tag specifically associated with the other 7 groups.
And just for grins, to display categories & tags either in side-by-side columns or in drop-down lists (ability to choose multiple categories & tags) so that the checkbox lists won’t get inordinately long requiring page scrolling.
I tried to purchase a month’s support for this plugin, which is AWESOME, but got a message that “your cart is empty”.
Running WordPress 4.4.2, BuddyPress 2.5.1, single site on a subdomain of a non-WP site. “Evolve” theme. BCFG & Front-end post. Everything working smoothly but can provide list of all active plugins upon request.
http://wp.interiorhorsecouncil.com/groups/ which is in development, you can wander around most of the site without logging in.
Thank you very much for the consideration.
Welcome to BuddyDev.
I have a few things to share and a few questions before I provide the code
1. Limiting Categories to selected ones:- It was a bug in Blog Categories for groups. It should have only listed selected terms. We are on it and a fix is due tomorrow.
Now a few questions:-
1. Do you still need extra code after the update for listing terms? It will only list the terms(category) selected for the current group
2. How do we automatically assign categories to the group on creation? Is there any criteria?
Can you please tell me if the requirements will change after the fix?
Thank you for showing interest in Buying the support. It was a caching issue. refreshing and re adding will fix that.
I did a bit more thinking about this, although the bug fix in #1 will get things started.
It would be most flexible to allow admin/group moderators to be presented with 3 options for each categories & tag that could be associated with a group:
Option 1) these categories or tags will ALWAYS be associated with the group blog entries. They will be listed for a blogger but cannot be changed by him/her.
Option 2) these categories or tags will NOT be associated with the group by a group member and will not be displayed to him/her.
If neither option is chosen for a particular category or tag, it MAY be selected by a blogging member to be a category or tag associated with the blog, but it doesn’t have to be.
Caching issue in purchasing support appears to have been fixed. Thank you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.