BuddyDev

Search

Certain members incorrectly not showing

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jason Borody on #50494

I’m using a combination of MemberPress, BuddyPress and BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager on my membership site. Versions are as follows:
    WordPress 6.3.1
    MemberPress Pro 1.11.17
    BuddyBoss Platform 2.4.20
    BuddyBoss Platform Pro 2.4.10
    BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager 1.9.3

I have a search page on my site where all viewers can search for members. Members are required to opt in to be displayed on this search page. This is mostly working, however there are several members who have opted in that do not appear in the search. I’ve compared User details, transactions, and Extended Profiles of members who are appearing correctly and those who aren’t – I can’t see any obvious differences.

If I disable BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager all members appear in search; re-enabling it causes select members to not appear, even though they have opted in. Any thoughts on next steps?

Thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50502

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for using the plugin.
    Is it happening on your default members directory page or do you have a custom user list/search page?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Jason Borody on #50592

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I’ve made some customizations to the results page /members/member-name/; however the search page is using defaults. To double check, I’ve renamed the override folder inside my theme to ensure that any customizations are being ignored. The results are the same – with BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager active the user in question does not appear, with the plugin deactivated the user does appear.

Thinking there may have been an issue with the user saving, as site admin, I’ve gone into the User Extended Settings: Users > All Users > username > Extended. Here I set all options (other than First Name and Nickname which don’t give me the option) to Only Me, update, then change Only Me back to Public and save. I’ve tried doing the same logging in as the user with the same results.

It seems to be just for a handful of users on the site which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose. Any thoughts on where to go next?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50602

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for the reply.

Please visit to the User profile and check their account /profile visibility(or profile privacy tab).

Also, is it possible to provide us temporary access with an account to see the issue.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved