BuddyDev

Search

Change Avatar & Cover Image folder

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    David on #42827

Is there any way to rename the folder for the avatars and for the cover image? I tried searching and I have not been able to find anything specifying how to do this.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #42828

Hello David,

Thank you for posting. Please look at the following filter avatar directory ‘bp_core_avatar_dir’ and look at the following function ‘bp_attachments_get_attachment’ for cover image. Please check

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    David on #42838

I am not a coder, so I would appreciate it if you could refer the code to me.

• Participant
    David on #43029

so nothing then?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by David.
  • Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #43041

Hello David,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have checked this again on my local server and found that BuddyPress has hard-coded directory names at many locations in the code.
    It is not feasible to rename the directories without having issues currently(we can use string replace but that should be avoided).

Please report the issue on BuddyPress Trac. They can help you by changing it in the core in the future.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    David on #43049

And you think they will be willing to do this? The last time I tried posting anything on buddypress.org it started an argument.

If possible could you still please explain the other method as I have a project to complete and I would like to just get it done.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by David.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43051

Hi David,
    I am sorry to hear about that. The BuddyPress lead developers are kind and do consider features.

The buddypress.org forum is run by volunteers and there is a possibility that some of them may not following the same ethic as the lead developers.

Please create a new ticket here
    https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/

The trac is used for reporting bug as well as managing feature requests and I am sure you will be happy with the outcome.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved