BuddyDev

Search

Change BuddyPress Force Profile Photo plugin redirection

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #32109

Hello,

Please I would like to change the redirection of this plugin to a custom page instead of the user change profile photo page. Please how can I achieve this so users without a profile photo are redirected to another custom page.

Thanks

• Participant
    Tosin on #32112

Please ignore I found a solution

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32113

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for letting us know.

In future, I will suggest moving to BuddyPress Profile Completion as we are planning to discontinue Force Profile Photo.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #32131

I have changed to the BuddyPress Profile Completion, it wasn’t working for me before until the recent update.

1. Will you now add support for the Leira Letter Avatar plugin @ https://wordpress.org/plugins/leira-letter-avatar/ from our last topic https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/buddypress-profile-completion-and-buddypress-force-profile-photo/

I have also message support at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buddypress-profile-completion-plugin-support/

2. After uploading a photo using while the Buddypress Profile Completion is active the message (Profile completed successfully.) does not go away can this be caused by aggressive caching form my hosting company

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32158

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. It depends on the plugin. If they provide us a function to check if current user is using letter avatar or not. That will be sufficient for us to add compatibility.

2. It is a caching issue. In normal case, It should go away as soon as you navigate to any page or reload the same page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #32161

1. I have contacted the plugin author to provide the needed function

2. This weird because the other messages like (Please upload your profile photo!, Please fill all required profile fields.) go away only the message (Profile completed successfully.) does not go away. If this is a caching problem other messages should also not go away.

3. It would be awesome if you could also add a setting option to (restrict to custom page only) so instead the forced redirect will go to a custom page instead of the profile page

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Tosin.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32164

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. Thank you. Please share me the function they provide and I will update this plugin.

2. I am not sure but I am unable to generate it. Which theme are you using?

3. Yes, I would like to do that but there are issues. If we provide users to enter a url, we won’t have a proper way to detect if we should stop redirecting. If you mean allowing to redirect to a “Page” or “Post”. That is doable in a future release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #32169

2. I am using the klein theme I sent to you

3. Yes I mean redirecting to a page

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32188

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the reply.

2. I will check and get back tomorrow.
    3. We will provide an option for this in our future update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #32252

The plugin author has replied this is his statement below

(( The buddypress core function “bp_get_user_has_avatar” is the function you are looking for. If this function returns false and you have Leira Letter Avatar plugin active them it means user is using a letter avatar.
    This method is used by BuddyPress Profile Completion core functionality and i added support for it in release 1.2.1.
    In the other hand, I was checking everything during the weekend to determine what could be happening with your site. What i think is happening is as follows: Buddypress Profile Completion saves a metatag once a user profile is complete, at the moment you installed Leira Letter Avatar, there was no compatibility between both plugins, so Profile Completion was taking the letter avatar as a user uploaded avatar, therefore, user metatag was set as well. A solution it could work is basically delete manually this metatag for all users, running a simple SQL script (dont worry Profile Completion will re add this metatag automatically) and the other option is to create a simple function to bypass this metatag to tell Profile completion if user really have or not uploaded an avatar, i could help you with it.
    I hope it helps, let me know if you have any updates. ))

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/buddypress-profile-completion-plugin-support/#post-13232079

The topic ‘Change BuddyPress Force Profile Photo plugin redirection’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved