BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Change Buddypress headers on register page

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Iain Claydon on #48941

Hi everyone, is it possible to change the default titles “Account Details” and “Profile Details” on the BuddyPress register page? Where is the file located in order to update this text? Thanks, Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48946

Hi Iain,
    Thank you for the question.
    Depending on your template pack(bp-nouveau or bp-legacy), you will find inside wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/{bp-nouveau or bp-legacy}/buddypress/members/register.php

It is a straight forward change by putting it in your-theme or child-theme/buddypress/members/ directory.

Hope that helps.
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #48957

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks so much for this, you’re a legend. I would never have found this location on my own, very useful to know where these headings are!

Many thanks,
    Iain

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #48964

Hi Brajesh, if i want to add the contents of one of the sign-up fields to the “BuddyPress Member’s Home” how would I achieve this? For example one of my sign fields is a profile photo, how do I add this to the Member’s Home?

Many thanks,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48967

Hi Iain,
    Thank you for the replies.

Can you please link me to a screenshot and show where you want that field to be ? That will help me assist you better.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #48976

Hi Brajesh,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Jfebzlnkm2cXlp0juYiZFpnNZGawUc30kUbmBAmmaA/edit

I’ve added screenshots to this document, I hope it makes sense. You can add comments to it.

Kind regards,
    Iain

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #49106

Hi Brajesh, were you able to view the document?
    Cheers,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49107

Hi Iain,
    I had a look. BuddyPress does not have any field that allows you to upload avatar on registration. You are probably using a custom field type and that’s why it is not working.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Iain Claydon on #49114

Hi Brajesh

I think there was a slight misunderstanding – I’m using your
    “BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types” plugin and I would like to import some of those fields to the “BuddyPress Member’s Home” widget area or profile home page. Is this possible? Is there a code snippet that can be used to add certain BuddyPress Xprofile data to these areas?

Many thanks in advance,
    Iain

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49115

Hi Iain,
    You can use xprofile_get_field_data for fetching the field value.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Change Buddypress headers on register page’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved