BuddyDev

Search

Change Text for activity post

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #20335

Hi,

I would like to change the text “What’s new,username, I guess I could change the text inside buddypress/activity/activity/post-form.php but what kind of code do I need to use in order to put it into bp-custom.php forever?

Thanks & Regards,
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #20336

Hi again,

I also would like to change the size and the color of the 3 big grey media press upload buttons which appear under the activity post form field.

I have tried with these codes but it is not working 🙁

.mpp-upload-buttons {
       max-width: 20px;
       color: blue;
    }

/*or*/

#mpp-activity-upload-buttons a img {
      max-widht: 20px
      color: blue;
    }

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #20337

Hi

Also when pasting a link into the link field when clicking on one of the icons and then clicking +add, then it says “sorry I am unable to post the link”.

Is it possible to hide this field?

Thank you.

Regads
    Daniel

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Daniel.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20341

Hi Daniel,
    1. The safest way to keep your text modification is to translate the specific line and keep it in your wp-content/languages/plugins or wp-content/languages/themes which ever applies.

2. For MediaPress, since you have hidden the buttons, why don’t you simply deactivate the Activity stream upload from backend?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #20346

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your input. I will try to translate the text.

for 2. You mean to untick the uploads in MediaPress Settings? When I untick Photo Audio Video, then the user cannot anymore upload media in Galleries as well. That’s why I need to hide the icons with CSS in Activity field.

Thanks & Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20349

Hi Daniel,
    No.

I mean visit Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings->BuddyPress and disabling activity upload.

Please do know that if you want the uploads to work on activity stream, I can look and assist with that too.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #20356

Hi Brajesh,

The Theme uses BuddyKit as default for uploading media in activity stream and I might should use that one in order to make running the webpage smoothly.

The only thing what could be cool with MediaPress Activity uploads would be that when the user uploads media on activity, that the media will be automatically saved to his Gallery.

I was able to deactivate MPP upload icons for activity as per your instructions in order to use only BuddyKit for activity uploads for the moment.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20370

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you. That is exactly how MediaPress works.

When you upload from activity, the media is saved into the Wall Gallery of the user.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #20382

Hi Brajesh,

That’s a very cool feature. But when I tried it out and uploaded a pic on activity, then I could not comment the pic, and when I pasted a link into the link field, it said I cannot paste the link.

I think the user would need to be able to comment as well on his pic when he uploads, right? But I couldn’t find the feature inside MPP Upload widget for activity upload.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20391

HI Daniel,
    Please take a look at our demo.

You are combining multiple upload solutions and have a lot of customisation, so anything can go wrong there. Please try our demo and see if it allows you to comment etc or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved