BuddyDev

Search

Change the format and profile info in the Items on a member list

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carlos Morell on #29797

Hi,

im using BP Members Type Pro, Members List, and custom profile fields… In my visual composer have some options to show a list with members, but dont looks nice, and dont display the profile fields… how can i add more info to the item list, and do it nice and little in the shortcode way…?

example of shortcode: [bpmtp-members-list member_type=”profesoriniciacion” type=”alphabetical” ]

Also in my visual composer i have BP Members Grid, BP Members Carousel and others… but this tools dont let short by member_type and add info about the profile to the item.

Thanks for your help… i spent 3 days with this…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29835

Hi Carlos,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forms.

I am sorry for the inconvenience you have faced.

We are not aware how the visual composer support for BuddyPress works. Does it come with the plugin or your theme supports it?

Member Types is a BuddyPress core feature and adding support for it in the visual composer can be done easy by the people supplying the BP Members Grid, BP Members Carousel to you.

Please request them for the same.

From us, you can use that shortcode. It loads the “members-loop.php” from your currently active theme. If it is not looking good, Can you please tell me which theme are you using.

The shortcode is not capable of adding extra profile data in the list currently. The reason is we use theme’s members loop and if extra data is not shown in your members directory, It won’t be shown by the plugin.

Please let me know the theme name, I may be able to look into it(I have purchased a few from themeforest for testing) and assist you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Carlos Morell on #29836

Hi, thanks for your answer.

My Theme is Thrive Noveau. Maybe can I change the code in members-loop.php, to recover the data of the extra profile fields?

an Other Plugin for this purpouse?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29840

Hi Carlos,
    Thank you for the details.

I am sorry, I don’t own the theme but I can still help.

Please look for “buddypress/members/members-loop.php” in your theme and you will see some code like a look.

All you need to do is to put some

<?php 
    echo xprofile_get_field_data( 'Field Name', bp_get_member_user_id(), 'comma');
    ?>

Where Field Name is the name of field you want to fetch the data.

Most of the time the theme should offer this out of the box(for example, community Builder comes with this out of the box).

Please give it a try.

PS:- If you are not comfortable with the code, Please share the content of members-loop.php on pastebin.com and the name of fields you want to show data, I can edit it for you.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved