BuddyDev

Search

Changing font sizes in BP the right way

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #19761

Hi there, I am looking for changing the font and font size in BP. All I have found so far in forum, seems a little random.

I know I can use the inspector to find selectors and change fonts individually with css for every element, but there must be a smarter way of doing this if you want the overall size increased? For example a global selector for all BP content and BP related content like widgets?

If I have to change the fonts individually, I prefer to copy the bp css to my child theme. I have tried to make changes to bp-templates> bp-nouveau > CSS > buddypress.css file, but the changes does not affect any of the text on the side.

How is it intended to change the font size in BP, without adding to much additional CSS?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19763

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for posting.

There is not right way or one way to do it. The font as well as styles are theme dependent and each theme might have some effect on it in a different way.

At the moment, there is no simple way to do it though you can use css inheritance to minimize the code for some styles, you will still need to add it based on your theme.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved