BuddyDev

Search

Checkboxes for Roles in BuddyPress Member Types Pro Settings

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #25692

Hi Brajesh,

If I define a member type with BuddyPress Member Types Pro v1.3.8 I see checkboxes for Associated Roles…

…would say Radio Buttons are needed?!? Your comment below that field is “The user will be assigned the associated role(s) when their member type is updated.” but how can a WP user have more than one role?

Have a good day, Hans

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25693

Hi Hans,
    Thank you for the question.

The checkbox is there to allow you set more than 1 role with a single member type.

In WordPress, a user can have more than one role. If you want to associate with single role, Please check only one.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    HansRuedi Keller on #25702

Hi Brajesh,
    I didn’t know that it’s possible to assign more than one role with WP. Shame on me, but that’s the way frontends teach people… 😉

In fact I was looking for a solution to have more than one member type for a single user, e.g. I’m “coworker” *and* “cooperator” but not everybody co-operating is also working on the project.

I see another simple way to provide what’s needed: At the moment I have a xProfile field (field_id=22, radio button: yes/no) for Co-operators. Would you please provide code to show BP members with “yes” for that field in a seperate tab in BP members directory called “Genossenschaft” (german for Cooperation).

Thanks for help, Hans

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved