BuddyDev

Search

Choosing Member Types after registration

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26110

Hi Brajesh,

I’m removing the multiple member types from my site.

I would like for Users to choose Member Types after they register. However, the current X Profile fields show up as a button when they edit their profile. It is not easy for them to find.

How can I have a User Tab or a web page where they can choose their Member Types from a list please? I would like to have a checkbox next to each Member Type so that they can check it if they want that Member Type and uncheck it if they don’t want that Member Type. or, a yes/no radio button.

Additionally, I am finding when a Member uses a checkbox of that sort, they don’t see the results until they log out and log back in. I need to resolve that somehow, maybe we will take that up in a separate topic.

Many thanks,
    Mike

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26111

PS – They need to select or deselact several Member Types at the same time, so dropdown boxes are not feasible.

Edited: So the page or tab will list many single member types.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26133

Hi Mike,
    1. The simple solution will be to create a profile field group with a multi member type field.

We do have multi select box, but I understand that it might not be convenient.

I will update the member types pro plugin in next couple of days to have this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26136
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26137

PS you can use that user to try out member types if you want to, it won’t affect anything it is a practise user.

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26139

PPS on my site it looks like they are in alphabetical order but they are not. That is because I created them in alphabetical order. You see one with a hyphen “-” which would be at the top if they were alphabetical.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26140

Hi Mike,
    Thank you. I logged in to the site and checked the profile.

1. Those are not buttons. They are tabs. They are visually designed as buttons. You can use css to change that. If you click on them, you will see they are linking to different pages.

2. Logout/Login needed:- Most probably you have some caching causing it. There is no other reason for the same.

3. Multiple Member Type field:- Member type filed was not designed for this purpose. You should use only one member type field.
    The solution I suggested was using User Groups plugins.

4. Rest of the issue seems like related to appearance and css should be used to fix them.

Regrds
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Mike (DesignServe) on #26141

Brajesh,

Ok good thank you. I’ll let you progress with your suggestion and I can look into the CSS.

Many thanks,
    Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved