BuddyDev

Search

Clear Notifications plugin: Boss compatibility

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    joym on #27054

Hello…I posted something here a few days ago but now i can’t find it.

I see that the mentioned plugin was updated for Boss compatibility. However, the clear notifications only work on the wordpress dashboard. It doesn’t appear on the front-end. Can this be fixed? Boss has no “clear notification” option. 🙁

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27055

Hi,

There were no posts by you here about it. I tried to look at it and you had contacted us via project request form(which should not have been).

The plugin was/is compatible with the original Boss theme. Are you sure you are using Boss(the blue sidebar one) and not their new theme?

I am not sure of the current status as they might have changed their theme recently. Please contact BuddyBoss support for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27056

Also, you may want to use the BuddyPress Notifications widget. That provides a widget for listing/clearing the notifications on the front end.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    joym on #27060

Hi Brajesh,

You’re right, I am using BuddyBoss. They have a live notification on their theme, but no option to clear notifications the way your plugin provides. Any chance of building compatibility?

Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27090

Hi,
    Thank you for confirming.

Please take a look at the BuddyPress Notifications widget and see if you can use it. It is better and what we plan to support in future(You can use it for clearing notifications too).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    joym on #27091

Thank you for your suggestion, but the theme offers live notification in the header. If I use the widget, I loose that function and it’s very convenient. Thank you for your time.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27092

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

Since the notification menu in the theme is not a general menu but specific to the theme, It will need time to implement specially for this theme.

I regret my inability to add it currently due to lack of time. I will most probably be able to do it around January end.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved