BuddyDev

Search

Comments link in gallery view

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #15569

When looking through users galleries, would it be possible to post a link to add a comment? At the moment, clicking the images zooms them to my custom lightbox. Don’t want to change that, but it would be nice if there were a link under the title that took you to a comment box (kind of like the built in lightbox).

Does that make sense?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15570

Hi Audiomonk,
    Since you are using a custom lightbox, we are only using it to show the image. I am not sure we can handle this in your case as we lack the control over what gets shown in the lightbox.

Sorry about this. We are working on a better version of our own lightbox too and I certainly hope that you will reconsider it around 1.5

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #15582

Hi, no I don’t mean put a comment in the lightbox, a link to make a comment just under the gallery thumbnail. Click the image, get the lightbox, or instead click “make comment” and leave a comment using Mediapress.

I’ll keep an eye open for your lightbox, and definitely consider anything at all Brajesh. I’m attached to this because I bought it, but wordpress have dropped it now. 🙁

Thanks for your reply.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15591

Hi Audiomonk,
    Thank you for clarifying. That is doable. I will ask my team member to put some code on Monday for the same.

I am not sure what you bought(is it about your site?), but we will assist with our plugin.

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #15834

Sorry for the delay Brajesh, major upgrade, thank you so much, you guys really are the best.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15839

Hi Audiomonk,
    Thank you.
    Also, I am sorry, I forgot abut this. I am asking @ravisharma to assist you here whenever he is available.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #15865

Thank you, I thought I saw the comments thing get mentioned in the changelog, but I can’t see it, so I’ll keep an eye open here for a response.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #15898

Hello AudioMonk,

Please use the following code in your active theme functions file. This will add a link to make comment on media.

function buddydev_media_comment_link() {

if ( mpp_is_single_media() ) {
    		return '';
    	}

echo sprintf( '<a href="%s">%s</a>', mpp_get_media_permalink() . '#mpp-whats-new-content', __( 'make comment' ) );
    }
    add_action( 'mpp_media_meta', 'buddydev_media_comment_link' );

Let me know if it works or not.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #15963

It works great, the situation I have is I use a third party lightbox, which opens the single images if they’re clicked on. When I see a gallery of images, I see the options to edit/delete under each image. Is there a way to add comment as a link there?

Thank you so much for helping.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #15979

Hello Audiomonk,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. The above provided code does that. Means it will add a link under “edit|delete” action to make a comment. Please post me the code you are using.

Thank You
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved