BuddyDev

Search

Comments not working for Activity which is shown using BuddyPress Activity Short

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Vinoj on #39185

Thank you for your reply.
    I have tried below shortcodes and its unable to hide the comments from the stream what could be the reason.

[activity-stream title=”Today’s Activity (1 to 5)” pagination=0 display_comments=none per_page=5 exclude=”bbpress” include_empty_topics=true]
    [activity-stream title=”Today’s Activity (1 to 5)” pagination=0 display_comments=”none” per_page=5 exclude=”bbpress” include_empty_topics=true]
    [activity-stream title=”Today’s Activity (1 to 5)” pagination=0 display_comments=0 per_page=5 exclude=”bbpress” include_empty_topics=true]
    [activity-stream title=”Today’s Activity (1 to 5)” pagination=0 display_comments=”0″ per_page=5 exclude=”bbpress” include_empty_topics=true]

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39189

Hi Vinoj,
    Are you using some other plugin/code that filters activity? It seems, something else is affecting the listing.

Here is what I am seeing
    https://i.imgur.com/4ksvXfL.png

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Give Get Global on #40277

Hi Brajesh,

Any update on the compatibility with BP Nouveau template? There also seems to be an issue with the BuddyX/BuddyBoss themes, although that may be part of the same issue?

Since MediaPress is made by BuddyDev specifically for BuddyPress, and the above mentioned themes are also made specifically for BuddyPress, perhaps both of you could work together to resolve this?

WordPress is great and highly supported, but as you probably well know, compatibility issues can cause problems in a web site. But when items are made to work with specific configurations and they don’t, it makes developing web sites that much more difficult. It would be great if this could be resolved, since these things were developed to work together.

For us this incompatibility is a difficult situation as it is holding up development of the web site.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40289

Hi Give Get Global,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

I am sorry, we do not plan to rewrite the plugin for Nouveau support in near future. The problem with nouveau is there are too many conditional js file which won’t work on non activity(except directory/profile/group home) pages.

We will be spending time and looking for the strategies when we release our own theme with Nouveau support.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved