BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Community Builder Pro Theme, double Profile Headers on every page?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Alexis Bugnolo on #37161

I have a fresh clean install of wordpress, buddypress, and community builder theme, with Youzify.

Now I have never used buddypress, so it seems very strange to me that on the profile page and every other page there are two profile headers, one with the avatar and change buttons for the photo and cover, with the user name and default cover photo, and another immediately below it which appears to be the actual profile header with the avatar, custom selected profile picture, user name online button, posts comments and visits trackers.

Is this they way buddy press works, or is your theme conflicting with youzify or one of my other plugins? which are as follows

Acctivity Plus Reloaded
    BuddyPress Better Experience
    BuddyPress auto join groups
    BuddyPress Friends suggestion pro
    Media Press
    Youzify Block Membes, Social Share and Profile Completeness

• Participant
    Alexis Bugnolo on #37173

I tested another account, and this double header does not occur until you update your profile cover. then a second instance of the profile header appears (with some sort of new image) below the first instance with with profile cover default

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37177

Hi Alexis,
    Please try to disable “Youzify” plugin and let me know if the issue is still there. I am assuming this could be the most probable reason.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alexis Bugnolo on #37194

Yes, if you disable Youzify, the problem changes. The better looking Youzify header disappears below the page header, and the page header remains without any abiliyt to change the cover. Also the page header is on all pages. I really would like to deprecate the page header on most pages in Community Builder Pro because I find it unnecessary to remind every user that he is logged into his page. How can I in the child or main theme deprecate it?

• Participant
    Alexis Bugnolo on #37195

Do I simply write <! on line 16 of page.php in the main theme?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37196

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for confirming.

1. Do you have the Profile Cover image enabled in the “Dashboard->Settings->BuddyPress->Options” page

2. If yes, you can change the profile cover from user’s profile.
    3. You can also install the CB Addons plugin to upload the profile header from any page.

There is a simple hook to enable/disable the profile header

cb_bp_show_members_header

Please let me know which specific page you want to keep the profile header enabled and I can put 2-3 lines of code for your child theme to disable it on all other pages.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Alexis Bugnolo on #37198

I went to the Communiter builder pro theme, customize, blog, page and removed the header, and that solved the problem, and thus I was able to reload youzify.

This solved this ticket problem…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37205

Hi Alexis,
    That’s good to know.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Community Builder Pro Theme, double Profile Headers on every page?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved