BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Community Builder Pro with Media Press and Activity Plus Reloaded – Improvement

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Linda Signer on #29721

Hello @sbrajesh

I am using Community Builder Pro with Media Press and Activity Plus Reloaded on my site medi-lab.net
    However, I am having trouble with the posting function in groups and I would like to improve a few things but am not sure whether this is possible. For one, the photos always are shown very small. Second, it is not possible to share a link with a photo, which is important to make the link look attractive. Also, if you post a link, I would like to be able to choose my own thumbnail bc. many links do not have a proper thumbnail.
    A further aspect would be to be able to share a link in a comment.

Could you let me know whether this is feasible and how these adjustments can be made?

Kind Regards, Linda.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29729

Hi Linda,
    Thank you for using the theme and the plugins.

1. Can you please share me a screenshot to show which image you are referring to. Is it from MediaPress or the Activity plus?

2. MediaPress does not allow sharing a link currently. I will need to explore if we can do it for activity plus.

3. You can post links in comments. Do you want them to be treated as embeds?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Linda Signer on #29756

Hi Brajesh

I did write you a private email yesterday since I cannot attach the screenshots here.

Kind Regards, Linda.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29791

Hi Linda,
    Thank you.

I have received them.
    It seems to me that sizer are related to configuration.

I will reply tomorrow with more details and solution.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Linda Signer on #29934

Hi Brajesh

Any suggestions yet?

Kind Greetings, Linda.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29947

Hi Linda,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

For MediaPress, Please visit Dashboard->MediaPress->Settings->General and change the size for thumbnail
    https://i.imgur.com/Q4YHEvJ.png

That will make the future thumbnails large(new uploads).

For activity Plus reloaded, Please visit Dashboard->Settings->Activity Plus Reloaded and change the thumbnail size as specified

https://i.imgur.com/C7Kw4N2.png

That will change the size for future thumbnails.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Linda Signer on #30015

Hi @sbrajesh

Thanks, the image size worked.
    About the second part of the question: “Second, it is not possible to share a link with a photo, which is important to make the link look attractive. Also, if you post a link, I would like to be able to choose my own thumbnail bc. many links do not have a proper thumbnail.
    A further aspect would be to be able to share a link in a comment.”
    Can this be done somehow?

Kind Regards, Linda.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30026

Hi Linda,
    Thank you for confirming .

About the 2nd issue:-
    Even though I understand that you want facebook style link sharing with option to replace images, I am not aware of any existing solution for BuddyPress.

We may write a plugin in future but we are waiting on BuddyPress team as BP Attachment is coming as part of BuddyPress 7.0.0. Our decisions will be based on what is coming with BuddyPress.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Linda Signer on #30049

Hi Brajesh

You mentioned above though that I can share a link in a comment? It does not work with my sites. Can this be fixed and how? Thanks, and kind regards, Linda.

• Participant
    Linda Signer on #30108

Dear @sbrajesh
    Is there anything I can do to be able to post the links in comments. This is also not working I always get an error message too many links posted.
    Kind Regards, Linda.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Community Builder Pro with Media Press and Activity Plus Reloaded – Improvement’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved