BuddyDev

Search

Community Builder theme has different functions and hooks?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #38354

Hi there, just switched to the Community Builder theme, and I can see that many of the standard BP functions hooks and selectors are changed, which are present in much of my code snippets, and therefor makes it difficult to convert from my old theme.

Why are functions and hooks completely different than core BP templates functions and hooks, and where do I find the corresponding code for this theme when I can’t use BP core documentation anymore?

Regards
    Carsten

Examples of “missing” code:

bp_profile_header_meta

div.item-meta

div#item-header-content

#header-cover-image

bublock_show_button_in_profile_header

bp_get_send_public_message_button

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38356

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for your question.

There is not much change but re-organization. All default BuddyPress hooks from legacy template pack is retained.

The class and id names are not retained completely and we have modified them as we show fit.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #38360

Hi Brajesh, thanks for your reply. I’m using Nouveau, so maybe this is why I’m have these issues.

I’m using BP Block and Report users plugin, and before I had these buttons in the profile header, along with the Friends and Send message buttons. But now they are hided in the little question mark svg pop up. ​The report button is not there.

I marked this in the Block Member settings:
    Button locations: Profile Header

Are this the only profile header hook option to display these buttons?

In another thread, I asked about if the Pro version of Community Builder has the ability to place hooks in elements.
    In my old theme I had some code snippets in these elements, but I guess I can’t use them anymore, or can I in some way add them directly in functions.php?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #38370

Hi Brajesh, I noticed that the Template Pack changes to Legacy, when activating the Community Builder theme, as when I switched back to my old theme, the Template Pack was not switched back to Nouveau.

Does this mean, that Community Builder runs Legacy only? What happens if the Template Pack is changed to Nouveau while the theme is running?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38377

Hi Carsten,

1. Community Builder 2.x theme will not work with Nouveau template pack.
    2. I am not sure what hooks you are referring too, Please take a look at Community Builder pro demo to see if the pro version suits your need.

There is not much difference between free/pro except the customizations and some pro specific plugins.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved