BuddyDev

Search

[Community Builder theme] page layout control for specific post types

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #18130

Whether I set my global site layout to 1 column or to column + sidebar using the customizer, a few cases still need a specific setting.

E.g. The Buddypres group pages don’t seem to accept my global settings; you can’t apply a template to a group page, only to the groups archive page. Also custom post types created by third party plugins sometimes need a specific setting.

How can I force specific layout settings for specific cases like this?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18131

Hi Hugo,
    Thank you for posting.

In community Builder, global layout is inherited by all pages by default.

But if you overwrite a certain section, the overriding layout takes precedence over the global layout. You can always reset the layout for the section by selecting “default” and it will honour global layout.

About the issues with Single User/Single group/404/Archive pages:- These are not real pages. They don’t exist as post. To override these layotus, you will need to visit individual section and apply them.

For Directory pages:- You can set it from customizer->BuddyPress->Individual directory and set the layout or set it from the pages associated with these directories

For single Group/Single Member-> Please visit Customizer->BuddyPress->Member profile or Group and set it there.

For the archive, Please visit Customize->Layouts->Global section.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Hugo Callens on #19136

OK, I see.

I set the global layout to single column – no sidebar.
    Then I set Buddypress > Blogs directory to sidebar-right.
    When I access a blog directly, like /post-title I see the sidebar.
    But when I go to /groups/group-name/blog/post-title/ I fall back to the global single column layout.

Is there some conflict with the blog categories for groups plugin I use inside my groups?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #19141

Hi Hugo,
    I am sorry for the confusion.

Blog Directory:- It is the blog directory page of BuddyPress(List of all your blogs on multisite and not the blog post)

If you want to change for normal blog posts archive, Please Do it via Blog(Not BuddyPress)->Post Type and there should be option for doing it.

If you plan to do it for user/buddyblog/post…, It will inherit the single user layout
    If you plan to do it for blog category for groups(group/blog/postitle….), It inherits groups layout.

Anything that is has url like members/membername/…. will use single user layout
    Anythign which has url like groups/groupname/…. will use single group layout.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved