BuddyDev

Search

Compatibility Issue of BP-Extended-Friendship-Request plugin

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Dandy Jefferson on #5404

Hi,

Thanks for developing those wonderful plugins for us.

I tried to install BP-Extended-Friendship-Request Plugin in my site. However, it seems like that there is no popover appeared in my site.

I’m using BuddyPress 2.5.3. I guess probably it’s not compatible with BuddyPress.

So, could you spare some time to check that for me please?

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5420

Hi Dandy,

What version of BP-Extended-Friendship-Request plugin you are using. Also please let me know on which browser you are facing this issue.

Thank You
    Ravi

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #5422

Hi, Ravi

Thanks for your reply.

Currently, I’m using BP-Extended-Friendship-Request Version: 1.0.7.

However, I just tried it again and it can work now (I don’t know the reason). Just one thing, I tested in Firefox, it seems like the textfield is a little bit over-border like below:
    http://imgur.com/svSi5SI

Could you check it for me please? Thanks.

Also, another thing which I wrote in previous post is that I need to change textfield to a list of pre-set messages with checkboxes. Brajesh gave me some ideas before, however I tried several times but eventually I failed. Could you also help me with some code snippets with this change?

The previous post I listed here: https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/add-a-button-to-buddypress-profile/

Thank you very much.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #5424

Hi Dandy,

Please modify the following files of the plugin. From the file “bp-extended-friendship-request.php” replace the html part of the function load_template line no. 157 with the following code

<div class="bpdev-popover top">
                <span class="bpdev-popover-close">x</span>
                <div class="arrow"></div>
                <div class="bpdev-popover-inner">
                    <h3 class="bpdev-popover-title"><?php _e( 'Request Friendship', 'bp-ext-friends-request' );?></h3>
                    <div class="bpdev-popover-content">
                        <select name="request_friend_message" class="request_friend_message">
                            <option value="<?php _e( "Friend from school", "buddypress" ) ?>">
                                <?php _e( "Friend from school", "buddypress" ) ?>
                            </option>
                            <option value="<?php _e( "Friend from collage", "buddypress" ) ?>">
                                <?php _e( "Friend from Collage", "buddypress" ) ?>
                            </option>
                            <option value="<?php _e( "Office College", "buddypress" ) ?>">
                                <?php _e( "Office College", "buddypress" ) ?>
                            </option>
                        </select>
                        <p>
                            <a  type="submit" class="button request-friend-ext-button" href="#"><?php _e( 'Send Request', 'bp-ext-friends-request' );?></a>
                        </p>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div><!--end of popover -->

and plugin js file “bp-ext-friends.js” line no 16 with the

var template = '<div class="bpdev-popover top"><span class="bpdev-popover-close">x</span><div class="arrow"></div><div class="bpdev-popover-inner"><h3 class="bpdev-popover-title"></h3><div class="bpdev-popover-content"><select name="request_friend_message" class="request_friend_message"><option value="Friend from school">Friend from school</option><option value="Friend from collage">Friend from Collage</option><option value="Office College">Office College</option></select><p><a class="button request-friend-ext-button" type="submit" herf="#">Send Request</a></p></div></div></div>';

and line no. 196 with the following code

friendship_request_message':	popup.find('select').val(),

It will fix the problem. Please let me know if it works or not.

Thank you
    Ravi

• Participant
    Dandy Jefferson on #5425
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved