BuddyDev

Search

Compatibility – Profile Completion, Conditional Fields, Member Types

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Luca on #25948

Hi! I’d like to use the BP Profile Completion, Conditional Profile Fields for BuddyPress, and the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugins.

I’ve tried creating a “Individual”, “Organization”, and “Temporary” account types. My goals are to:
    1) Require long-term users to complete more detailed profiles pertinent to their account type, and
    2) Encourage casual one-time users to join and use our site without having to complete a detailed profile that might deter them.

I created a required “About Me” profile field, and under “This field should be available to:” I unchecked the “Temporary” member type. Unfortunately now the BuddyPress Profile Completion plugin is flagging Temporary accounts for not having completed the required “About Me” section, even though that section is not available to them.

Is there any way to make all three plugins play nicely with each other? Am I just missing a setting somewhere? Or is this beyond the scope of their intended usage?

Either way, thank you for all the great plugins!

P.S. – I originally posted here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatibility-with-conditional-profile-fields-and-buddypress-member-types/

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Luca.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #25989

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the question.

I will need a few days to explore this. We should be able to add compatibility with member types.

Please allow me to get back to you mid next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Luca on #26013

Awesome, thank you!

• Participant
    Luca on #26251

Hi! Just wanted to check if there was any progress with this? I’m not in any rush about it, but would love to make sure I actually know when/if a fix is available. Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26262

Hi Luca,
    Thank you.

I am hoping to provide a solution this week or early next week.

I will keep you informed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26517

Hi Luca,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Please upgrade to BuddyPress profile Completion 1.0.3 and it will work with Member types properly.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved