BuddyDev

Search

Complex BuddyPress presentation of PMPro members

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    politron on #50574

Hi!
    I’m setting up the first of several sub-sites of a WP multisite installation. All sub-sites will be completely separate from each other. I use the Paid Memberships Pro and BuddyPress plugins. The following plugins are also activated: * PMPro BuddyPress INTEGRATION (https://wordpress.org/plugins/pmpro-buddypress/) and * BuddyPress Member Types Pro – By BuddyDev (https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddypress-member -types-pro/).

In Budypress, I would like to set up a little more complex presentation of members.

Registration is only possible through PMPro.
    There are three types of memberships available upon registration: A) Individuals, B) Organizations and C) Top Organizations.
    Each membership type has two or three different membership levels available. A) Individuals: free level i1, level i2, level i3 // B) Organizations: level o1, level o2 // C) Top Organizations: membership levels o3, o4, o5.
    See picture here: https://tinyurl.com/43vfwyhp

Furthermore, I would like to set up 4 types of profiles in BudyPress.
    Profile P1) Basic profile for Individuals (level i2) and
    Profile P2) Completed profile for Individuals (level i3).
    Also for Organizations:
    Profile P3) Basic profile for Organizations (level o1)
    Profile P4) Completed profile for Organizations (levels o2, o3, o4, o5)

The completed profile contains all the profile fields of the Basic Profile and additionally some other profile fields (Set in the section: Users –> Profile Fields).

I would like to have only three tabs on the BP Members page: * All or Active Members, * Individuals, and * Organizations. All individuals would be listed in the Individuals tab, and all organizations in the Organizations tab.

Please let me know if it is possible to set up such a configuration using the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin. If there is any instruction or article, I ask for direction.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50588

Hi,
    If your goal is to have separate communities, I will suggest activating BuddyPress as well as member types pro in individual blog instead of network activation.

That should take care of it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #50591

Thanks for your advice. The “BuddyPress Member Types Pro” plugin has already been installed as you suggest. Now I deactivated Buddypress from the network and enabled it only on the current sub-site. I have a question regarding this Buddypress activation change. There are certain rules for installing Buddypress and related plugins. They must be activated in a certain order.
    In addition to BuddyPress, I also use plugins: * BuddyPress Multi Network (network activated); * Paid Memberships Pro; * PMPro BuddyPress INTEGRATION; * BuddyPress Member Types Pro

Is there anything else I should change now (maybe deactivate and reactivate) to make Buddypress work properly with the other plugins?

• Participant
    politron on #50594

Due to a change in the BuddyPress plugin installation, I have now deleted the PMPro BuddyPress INTEGRATION plugin and then reinstalled it. Additionally, I also deactivated and reactivated the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin. I will go back to setting up fields, profiles and membership types. However, I’m not sure if just using the BuddyPress Member Types Pro plugin it’s even possible to set up a configuration like the one described in the initial question. I’ll let you know.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50597

Hi,
    Thank you for the replies.

1. You may not need Multi Network plugin if you have BuddyPress installation per blog.

2. The installation order is simple, the dependent plugins should be installed after the plugin it depends on to ensure it works properly.

I am not sure what kind of issues you may face but multiple installations on multisite is not that clean with BuddyPress(single installation or network activation is good though), so challenges are expected.

Please keep me posted of your progress.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #50653

Hi!
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    Now you’ve surprised me a bit about the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin.
    You didn’t make it very clear if it makes sense in my case to uninstall the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin.
    Let me repeat that this is a multisite WP installation and BuddyPress is locally enabled on each sub-site separately, as each sub-site will be completely separate.
    As stated in the instructions, the BuddyPress Multi Network plugin “separates the User base of one network from another (Each network can have different user base)” and in addition, this plugin also allows that “All networks can have their own user base, activities, groups, Profile data (xprofile fields) which can be different from other.”
    So, please again your opinion about uninstalling BuddyPress Multi Network plugin.
    Many thanks again.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50662

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.

I see your need for multi network plugin. I had disregarded the fact that you will need separate user bases.

The plugin had a different use case. It was written when BuddyPress could only be activated network wide(that is not the case anymore). You will still need it to separate the userbase though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    politron on #50667

Thank you very much for the answer.
    As you wrote, I will probably face considerable challenges in setting up the Buddypress plugin on a multisite WP installation.
    I’ll let you know how it goes.
    Kind regards!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50669

Thank you.

You are right about the complexity of multiple BuddyPres setup on multisite.

I look forward to hear your experience.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved